Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Good intentions.

We all have goals. We all set out to do something in hopes of obtaining those goals.  Whatever those goals may be.

We all have good intentions. 

I even prepared and ran my first 5k back in May in hopes that would keep me on the road of running. 

 I'm in the green in the front.
 
I went on to do one more 5k and haven’t ran since. 

I went a WHOLE month without soda and what am I back to drinking again. (Carbonated liquid is the DEVIL).

Good intentions.

I was being very good there for awhile about watching what I eat and eliminating the crap from my diet. Yeah, fell off that wagon.
 
So.Frustrated.

With anything that you set your mind to, I’m learning one thing, you have to be intentional in whatever it is that you're trying to achieve. 

Whether that’s trying to spend that quiet time with God.

Maybe it’s turning your phone off and shutting the computer down and stepping away from all things social media so you can be in the moment.

You might find yourself trying to eat better and exercise a little more. 

It might be something as small as when you told that friend, "I'll give you a call soon," and have yet to pick up the phone but you had all intentions.

Whatever it is, chances are it requires us to be intentional. Life is full of good intentions but somtimes good intentions, well, just aren't good enough!

Lord, help me be more intentional, whatever it may be. I can't do it without you. 

Any area of your life he's calling you to be more intentional?

5 comments:

Lindsey said...

You are so right! And gosh why is it so hard to be intentional?!

Aishlea said...

Yes...... SO many things that I've had a hard time keeping up with the "follow through"!!!! Eating better, losing weight, spending more time with God, and being a better friend. Your words are so true...good intentions are sometimes not good enough!

Linds said...

Amen sista! Preach it!

Holly said...

This post makes a lot of sense. I think everyone struggles with this sometimes.

ME said...

Does that mean our intentions outdo our actions?What if my intentions are good and actions are bad.If it's not making sense then forgive me! I'm in quandary on this whole thing.
Check this if you like -
Work On Your Impulse
How do you judge your actions?
http://www.3smartcubes.com/pages/tests/impulsive_nature/impulsive_nature_instructions.asp