Monday, December 21, 2009

Weekend recap and meeting my first bloggy friend!

This weekend was very full and fun!! Friday night I treated my sister and I to dinner at Carrabba’s. Had a giftcard and I was feeling generous, ha… and then we had fun hanging out in Wal-Mart, it’s the place to be on a Friday night you know, haha!! :) We were going to see the movie The Blind Side but I think we’re going to go see it tomorrow night. I have heard so much about that movie and want to see it so bad.

Saturday got up and met my BFF Melissa to go running at 9am. I should say walk/run and it made me wonder how the world I am ever going to survive a 5k…. but I’ll get there. We all have to start somewhere, right? After that I met up with one of my co-workers Cristina and ate lunch with her and her twin girls at Chick-Fil-A and then headed to Target to shop because we picked a couple of kids from an Angel tree to buy Christmas gifts for. It was fun and didn't get any pictures, bummer. Then Saturday night we did Christmas with my brother and his family because they are leaving to go to the mountains this week with my sister-in-law’s family, and so they won’t be here for Christmas. And then after that a bunch of people came over and we had family game night. Can you believe again I didn’t get one single picture? So not like me at all, ha. We had a blast playing Catch Phrase. I heart my family, like HUGELY heart them!!!

Sunday was the highlight of my weekend.I spent Saturday night at my mom’s house and went to church with her and the hubby on Sunday. Here’s some pictures in front of the Christmas tree at the church.





They have it decorated so beautiful. Then we ate lunch at Nature’s Table at the church. Can you believe they have one inside the church? That had me sold, haha… And then I was off to meet my first blogger friend Lauren...

Lauren, meet Lauren..ha :)


She was as sweet and precious as I had pictured. She and her family are here visiting Disney, so we visited for about an hour or so before her little man Dawson needed to get back to the hotel for a nap. A trip to Disney is enough to overwhelm any little boy, ha.

How cute is he??

Sorry, I look kind of goofy in this picture, LOL!


I bought him a toy and he was having so much fun with it!








Lauren, I had such a great time seeing you and your family. I can't wait to see you again in February when I come to Nashville.

So can ya'll believe the news about actress Brittany Murphy over the weekend? So sad and so young. Just goes to show we don't know how long our days are numbered and to make each day count.

Also I'm going to a Christmas party where we have to bring a gag gift. I was thinking of bringing scratch off lottery tickets. What do ya'll think? Any suggestions??

Happy Monday!!! :)

16 comments:

Heather @ Simple Wives said...

Such cute pictures!! Your dress is so cute!!

Aishlea said...

SO fun!!!

Don't worry about being able to do the 5k- you have to build up to it and I know you can do it!

You are coming to Nashville? That is only about 1 1/2 hours from me!!! I need to drive up and meet you! :)

Niki said...

What a fun weekend! Glad you had a good bloggy meet up and great job on the run!

Jacquie said...

How nice that you got to meet a bloggy friend in person! You both are adorable.

Sounds like a fun, fun weekend! Have a great Christmas week, Lauren.

Anonymous said...

Ooh sounds like such a fun weekend! I have my first bloggy meet-up next week and I can't wait :)

It's great you're running- you'll be surprised at how fast you'll work up to the 5k.

Have fun at your Christmas party! I think lotto tickets are a great gag gift. :)

Rebecca Jo said...

I love the idea of scratch off lottery tickets!!! And it wont be that much of a gag if someone WINS!!! ;)

Lauren @ Dreams Take Flight said...

I definitely hope you make it to see The Blind Side...it was amazing! And that's so exciting about meeting your first bloggy friend, very cute pictures!!

Rosie said...

So great you got to meet a bloggy friend! Great pics BTW! And heck, we give scratch off's to the old people in our family as gifts! lol.

Wylie @ Shout A Joyful Noise! said...

How awesome that you got to meet a fun bloggy friend!!!
Wylie

Jess :) said...

Oh, how fun...you got to meet Lauren! Love it! :)

The pictures are just GREAT!

I really wish we lived closer...not only could we hang out, ALL OF THE TIME, but I could kindly and generously pass you some of the gifts/notsurewhatitis for you to re-gift!!! ;) Trust me, I've got PLENTY!!

However, scratch tickets sound like a wonderful idea!

Love ya

Justin and Jessica said...

Glad your weekend was so fun! :-)

Our dollar store here (way up in cold, snowy SD) has fake lottery tickets ... not sure if you could find those, but it gave us a good laugh last year when we gave them to a friend.

Julie said...

It is always fun to meet blog friends! That was so sweet to take the little man a gift.

Reading about running made me feel guilty and horrible at all the food I put into my body over the weekend! I have to hit the YMCA hard in the a.m.

Meagan said...

How fun!!! I want to come to Disney!!!

Spicy Magnolia said...

Isn't it exciting to meet blogger friends!? That's so cool you got to do that.

We saw "the Blind Side" tonight and LOVED, LOVED, LOVED it! It's one of the best movies I've seen in a long time. You'll love it, too.

Unknown said...

Sounds like you had a great weekend! Love your necklace.

Kim said...

Looks like Fun!
That's awesome you got to meet a blogger friend! Incredible!

Too late now, but this is funny to us, but we exchanged gifts this past weekend & my husband wrapped a poster of M.Jackson as a gag gift lol, w/ something more appropriate! But it was hilarious once his cousin opened it! ;)