Thursday, August 6, 2009

Time to switch Shampoo!


This morning I was washing my hair and did something I haven't done in a long time, got shampoo in my eye!

Oh.My.Word.

I'm not going to lie, I was crying.... and it was one of those moments where I could remember when I was younger my mother would be the one to get the shampoo and sting out with a washcloth or I could remember yelling to my mom, hurry, get me a towel, quick, I got shampoo in my eye, haha!

It.Sings.

It got me to thinking about the stings we face in our life. The words people might speak to us, when someone does us wrong, when life doesn't always treat us fair. How are we going to handle the sting?

And I'm talking about how you're going to handle it when the tears are gone, and you have to take a good long hard look at your circumstance.

God is there to take care of the stings. Bring them to him and let him fight your battles. When you want to fight back with words, guard your tongue and let him be your mouth piece. When you want to fight back with actions, remember that actions speak louder than words.

And in the meantime, I think it's time for me to switch back to Johnson's Baby No Tears Shampoo! Ha!

11 comments:

Jordan said...

LOL ! I have to say that I don't ever remember getting shampoo in my eyes. ( I just jinxed myself though, Ha! ) Great post! = )

Shannon Dew said...

What a great post! You always make my morning!

Lindsey said...

Aww that is the worst!

Megan said...

Yuck! I hate when I get shampoo in my eyes!

Whitney said...

Isn't it funny how a little thing can provoke such a wondeful post?!?!

Annie said...

reading this post literally made my eyes water, i hate getting shampoo or soap or even water in my eyes!!
i pray the day never comes that i have to wear contacts ;)

Anonymous said...

awww maybe you better make that switch!

Very good post and very good points!

Spicy Magnolia said...

What a good reminder to me to not get shampoo in Brennan's eyes! :) You've had some great devotional/truth nuggets to share here and on FB/twitter! I'm enjoying them.

Jill @ Sneaky Momma said...

So very true. :)
So sorry to hear about your poor little eyes. Ouch!

Loree said...

Great post. So true.

Kim said...

lol, I love it! :) Great Post!!