Friday, June 5, 2009

Perfect timing!



I received this letter yesterday from my friend at school. She moved to the day classes and I'm at night and so it's hard to catch each other otherwise, so we leave notes for one another and this turned my day around yesterday and made me laugh:

Dear Lauren,

Hey my little sweet precious sister in Christ! I am so sorry it's been so long since we talked but girl I am telling you there is just so much going on with me right now. Some days I feel like I'm so overwhelmed with the kids, my husband, the housework and especially school. I feel like I'm running a losing race, but by the grace of God and through a lot of prayers I'm managing to keep it together. I've been studying the book of Psalms for encouragement and that helps a lot too. I missed your calls during our week long break but my sister came back from Iraq and was staying at the house she built in Jacksonville. I'm sorry I missed your calls because I really miss you. I miss seeing you at night and it's hard being in days because I don't have any Christian friends I can fellowship with like we used to do, so I continue to write letters to God! :) The kids are well, but they get on my nerves from the time I pick them up until the time they go to bed. I'm tempted to ask Smitty (her husband) to build them a treehouse and make them stay in it at all times : ) I'd let them in to eat, use the bathroom and may be sleep. Anyway, I hope all is well with you. Mo (our other friend at school) told me that you're doing well in speed. I am so happy and proud of you. Genuinely! I'm still trying to get there. I'm 180 across the board but I'm working on cleaning up my notes. So pray for me. Right now I'm in Medical class with Brenda (the teacher) and its packed with new students and there is a girl that sits in the back row that is really testing me. That heifer (this is her term of endearment. You have to know Fran, it cracks me up) talks from the time she sits in her seat until she leaves. I've already said something once, but next time I might lay hands on this can't stop talking heifer. So please pray that I am filled with the fruits and gifts of the Holy Spirit- peace, joy, love, kindness, gentleness, self-control. So please pray for me for her sake and mine. Anyway, I gotta end this letter because I have no clue what Brenda is talking about. I love you and miss you girl. I'll try and write again soon because when I get to the house I don't even look at the phone! I'm too busy cooking, cleaning, and fussing. I love you Lauren!

Fran


God is always so timely to drop us a letter or a word of encouragement, or just a good laugh. He knows our needs and is always faithful to deliver!!

So if you know of someone that might need some encouragement, take the time to do that and let them know you're thinking of them! It just could turn someone's day around :)