Tuesday, June 9, 2009

How are you?

I've learned during this time of stepping back a little from the blog world, that I don't need this as much as I thought I did. Stay with me here. Don't mistake me.. I love this outlet, I love the friends I've made, and I love the sense of community it brings, but at the end of the day, I really don't need this blog...

And that's good to know!

When I say I don't need this blog, that is not saying I don't need ALL of you. I don't say to offend. I say that because there's peace in knowing that when you let go and let God, the things which you deemed important and tend to slap a huge priority sticker on, don't really rate high on the importance meter when you think of all the other important things in life.

As you can see I've continued blogging but with a different mindset. I'm less stressed because there was a point where I would freak out if I missed a day of blogging...

That's okay.

And if I don't receive a million comments...

That's okay, this isn't a contest!

Before I'd feel guilty if I didn't stop by everyone's blog and make a comment and I found that commenting was taking up all my time. And if I can't comment...

That's okay! I'll comment when I have something of substance to say and share!

It's liberating and freeing and makes blogging so much nicer because there's less stress behind it!

Is anyone feeling me here?

It's funny how blogging becomes a part of our every day lives and then you realize when it's not, that you'll survive! haha!

So with that being said, I haven't been able to talk with everyone lately. So I want to know...how is everyone doing??? Fill me in :)

13 comments:

alyssa said...

i totally feel ya! eventually i probably won't have any readers b/c i just don't have time to read others!! and that's ok! i do it for me!!

Rebecca Jo said...

Totally get what you're saying! We have to always remember - our blog is for US.. no one else... others can just enjoy it

Katie Spinks said...

for sure come visit!! it would be awesome!!

Michaelene said...

Hey sweetheart! Long time no "hear". I'm so glad to read that you've found the peace you were really looking for. It was so wonderful to read your comment on my blog, though - I have missed your little smiley comments (they make my heart terribly happy). Well, sweetpea - Sophia is finally WALKING that's about the big news out West this way, anyway. It only took an extra year, but who's keeping track?!
I send you much love - so, so good to leave you a note ;)

Unknown said...

what a great reminder girl! :-)

you know I'm doing good - just ridiculously busy and slightly overwhelmed as I get ready for camp . . .

20 Times A Lady said...

I hear ya missy! There was a time that I cared SO much about my getting more followers, but there comes a point where this cant be your part time job!

Unknown said...

Love reading your blog, and I can relate to your post today. Have a great week!

Blessings!

Kaitlyn said...

I'm...breathing. Until school starts again. It is wonderful!

Meagan said...

Thats awesome. =) You should only do it if it makes you happy, not stressed!

Justin and Jessica said...

So glad you're updating - I love reading. I understand that blogging can tie you down ... write when you can ... your readers will be here, but we understand when you need a break! :)

The Overmans are doing well! I am enjoying summer vacation, and Jordyn is keeping me busy. She's been sick the last couple of days, but I think it's due to teeth.

Take care!

Staci said...

I feel ya, sista! Thanks for the encouragement!

Jess :) said...

Let me just begin by saying, "THANK YOU, friend!" You know how I've been and I just want to thank you for remaining by my side through everything this week. It means so incredibly much to me.

I loved seeing your name on my blog when I checked my comments. Not because it was your name, but because you care and you wrote. Hopefully that makes some sort of sense when you read it. I know what I mean, but I'm not sure if I explained it well.

Anyways, just like Jess said...write when you can or want to. We'll still be here wanting to read your thoughts, words, ideas, etc. We love them!

Again, HUGE thanks for the love and support. :)

Kendra said...

I am doing good! And I totally feel ya. It's crazy when I stepped back and realized how much pressure I was putting on MYSELF to keep up on everyone's blog and continue to blog myself! So silly!! That is not what it's about!!!! I have been enjoying it so much more now that I have chilled out about it...