Monday, April 27, 2009

Recap of my vaca!

I heart North Carolina!



(How cool is this heart-shaped flower? This is a picture I got at the Biltmore House. More about that in a minute.)

I think it’s safe to say I need a vacation from my vacation, haha! It was go go go the whole time but it was a blast, here’s a recap along with lots of pictures!!

Thursday I got in around 12pm and North Carolina had gorgeous weather the whole time I was there! The Raleigh/Durham area is beautiful. We didn’t do a whole lot Thursday but we did go get pedicures and that evening we just ordered sushi take-out. It was a relaxing rest of the day after traveling!

Friday was an early start to the day! I found a house to move into and it’s called the Biltmore House! That place is gigantic, and it can hold my entire group of bloggy friends, so anyone who wants to move in with me, the more the merrier, haha! We were out the door by 7am for a 3-hour drive to Asheville. We packed our own lunch so when we got there we ate and then headed to the Biltmore and not only that but we got to see the Festival of Flowers, so we couldn’t have come at a better time…. Here are a few of my favorite pictures from the day and I think it might turn out to be more than a few, ha! And I got some great shots, just call me a photography genius :o)





My new home. It cost a small penny, but totally worth it!!












































I have this picture as my desktop background.. B-E-A-U-T-I-F-U-L!!!




If you endured all the pictures, bless you!!! There was too many I liked, haha!!! The weather was awesome and VERY hot at the Biltmore. Overall, my Biltmore experience was a GREAT one. Then we had to make a 3-hour drive back home and then we crashed and burned, ha!

Saturday was another gorgeous day and so Jill, her friend Carla, and I, took a two-hour drive to Wilmington, NC, to hang out at the beach for awhile. Yes, I was all over the state of North Carolina. All the way from the west to the east, lol! And then after we left we came back and got ready and went out to dinner with a group of people! Sit tight as you endure more pictures, haha...



















Ah, yes, the infamous toe shot. Mine should be easy to spot. I'm the one with the long toe if you don't remember, ha!






So another great day!!!

Then Sunday was the day to leave :o( My plane didn't leave until almost 7pm, so we took our time getting ready in the morning and then Jill showed me around Duke University! This is the beautiful Duke Chapel. Jill told me that there's a 10 year waiting list to have your wedding there. Can you see why???



The campus is absolutely beautiful and the architecture is amazing!!! There's also the Duke Gardens which is supposed to be wonderful but we didn't have time to walk around them and then we drove around some more and then she showed me Duke Hospital where she works. The campus is just huge!!

Then we headed off to her friends house in Raleigh which is close to the airport which worked out perfect because we could just head from there to the airport. And her friend cooked a yummy lunch for us, so definitely wasn't hungry when getting on the plane. Then we had to say good-bye!! :o(

This pretty much sums up the weekend....



Alot of living, laughing, and loving :o)

Hope everyone else had a wonderful weekend. Going to try to catch up with everyone else soon!!!!

18 comments:

yours truly... said...

LOVED the pictures!! So glad you had a great time. And I am TOTALLY moving in with you, that is one of my favorite places!!!

Jordan said...

I will move there with you in a heartbeat!! Love the pictures. Looks like you had a ton of fun! =]

Rebecca Jo said...

I was wondering how your weekend went!!! Looks like it was fantastic! And I'll totally rent a room in that mansion if you own it :o)

Love all the tulips... thats my favorite flower anyways... BEAUTIFUL!

I'm sure you need to rest up now after your vacation! How messed up is that! hehe!

Anonymous said...

The pics are great!!! :D blessings to you!!

Melissa said...

Great pictures. I love all the flowers!!

Unknown said...

I honestly cannot believe that you were right in my backyard and I didn't get to meet up with you!
Boo! :( I'm totally bummed about it today, especially after seeing your pics! haha..but I'm so glad you had a great visit..and reserve me a room in the house. I'm down ;) I knew you would love the Festival of Flowers! It's the best time to visit Biltmore! Welcome back to bloggy land!

Whitney said...

So much fun!
I will be packed and ready for the Biltmore within the week!

Emily said...

ahhh looks like soo much fun! I love all the pictures.. ahh the beach.. Im jealous and the flowers.. ahhh I cant wait to plant my garden today:) So FUN:) I have your phone number in my phone now and have been meaning to message you back with my number:) yeagh:)

beckylbranch said...

Oh I have always wanted to go to Biltmore house! It looks like it would be so pretty in the fall! Those tulips though are amazing! Glad you had a good trip :)

Heather said...

Great pictures Lauren!! Those flowers are beautiful! looks like a great time!

Kelsey said...

So many great pictures!! It was fun to see everything! Sounds like you had a wonderful time--I'm so glad!

Michaelene said...

Not as great a weekend as you had, that's for sure! Glad you're back in reality, safe and sound. Loved the pics - NC is gorgeous. But hey, Santa Fe's not too bad ;)

Niki said...

Great pics! I love the tulips!! Sounds like you had a blast!!

Lauren said...

I'm so glad you had a good time! I love the Biltmore. My favorite is the Halloween room. :) Those flowers are AMAZING!

Jacquie said...

Looks like you had a great time! Love the photos... I especially love the tulips!! Glad you made it home safely.

Loree said...

May I move into the Biltmore with you ?? Please, please. LOL. Wow w hat wonderful flowers. Glad you had such a great time.

jm said...

Great pics! So glad you had fun! I love the last picture of the tulips with the oval frame around them (don't know they right word for that!). And I am super jealous of your beach shots!

I have so much trouble loading pictures into blogger and then trying to post around them. Is there a trick I am missing?

Glad you're back!

Becca~CapturingSimpleJoys said...

Just gorgeous pictures! Looks like a great trip! I want to visit the Biltmore someday!