Tuesday, April 21, 2009

A little "Happy" with my meal!







Yes, this is me yesterday! And yes, this is me with a McDonald’s Happy Meal! Please tell me I’m not the only one in their 20’s who still gets happy meals and I am not ashamed of it, haha!! And how could you pass up that adorable little creature that I got as my prize? Haha! I had a craving for McDonald’s yesterday and happy meals are perfect for me because it’s just the right amount and my craving is fulfilled. And this is not the first time I’ve gotten a happy meal and not too long ago the person at the drive-thru laughed and said “I just love it when older people get the happy meal," and obviously she could see that I had no kids with me and that yep, I was the 24 year old getting the happy meal. I had this food devoured before I even hit the turnpike on the way to school and in no time flat, ha. And I indeed did feel happy. There’s something to be said for keeping your childhood memories alive! So by a show of hands, who still gets the happy meal? And if you don’t, just please me and pretend that you do, haha!

Okay, I have a little venting to share with you here, so hear me out!



This, peeps, is going to be the death of me. This is my phone at work and anyone who is a receptionist or answers phones will feel my pain. This drives me batty. My phone cord is constantly getting tangled. No sooner than I untangle it, then it looks like this again. I’ve finally just given up, because I think I’m just doomed to have the tangled cord. Anyone, feel me here??? Haha!!! This might not mean much to you, but boy that felt good to get out :o)

Okay, how cute is this?


I received this in the mail yesterday. This is the invitation to my BFF's wedding shower that we're putting together for her. I heart Monica!

She and I :)


The invitation is a sand dollar on the back part and a star fish in the front and you open it up and all the information is in there. So creative and perfect because the theme of her shower is beach themed which I think is pretty cool because her fiance proposed to her on the beach. I also received her wedding invitation. I'm getting so excited and June will be here before you know it and I'm so glad I get to be standing up there with her taking part in her special day!

Lastly, please remember to keep Baby Stellan in your prayers today. He is having pretty serious surgery this morning on his heart, as I'm sure many of you know. I know he's in the Lord's very capable hands, but the more prayers the better! Thank you!!

24 comments:

Jodi said...

I love happy meals too. Jenna does also, as a matter of fact, she has that same toy! LOL!

That phone cord looks like a mess! Your boss needs to buy you a new one, PRONTO!

Jordan said...

That invitation is super cute!! =]

yours truly... said...

Such a cute invite!!! I'm a happy meal girl too!! But I'm usually starving again within ten minutes!!!

Have a great Tuesday!!

Jennifer said...

Happy Meals are better portion control! And my phone cord does that too. I don't know how to prevent it!!

Kelsey said...

What a cute invitation!!! It's such a fun idea!

jm said...

I vote for a new phone and cord! I use a headset at work (so dorky) and it's much easier to keep under control!

I love happy meals and anything that makes me feel like a kid again! There's enough grown up stuff to deal with, why not be a kid when you can!?

Nichele Lynn said...

OHMYGOODNESS! I had a happy meal Sunday night, and was wondering if I was the only one who still did this!!! haha

Rebecca Jo said...

Girl - I'm in my 30's & still get Happy Meals!! I'll fight with my nieces for the toys!!! But they are a good size - the "small" fry in a regular meal is HUGE - so love that about them.

What do you do on the phone to get the cord like that? I picture you doing twirls & spins!!! hehe!!! Maybe you can get one of those that pull & retract back in?

Rachel said...

I occasionally get happy meals, and I am about to be 28! So there....my secrets out :)

Emily said...

praying for baby stellan:) And yes I still get happy meals.. they are the prefect size for me:) And those invites are soo cute.. the shirt you are wearing in the pic wiht your friend is darling!! happy tuesday my friend:)

Carpool Queen said...

I like to get the Happy Meal - portion control - I can seriously get out of control on the fries.

Becca~CapturingSimpleJoys said...

You are so cute! I would be going crazy with the phone cord, they need to get you a new one for sure!

Amanda said...

I know I didn't have any orange either so I let Garrett & his daddy wear the orange I'm doing all the praying!


PS. I love happy meals...their the perfect size!

Anonymous said...

You are definitely not the only one in your twenties who gets a Happy Meal!! :) Although, I have never taken pictures of it... something to think about :)

Julie said...

I want a Happy Meal now!!! I love the portion size in them!!

My phone does the same thing and I go bonkers!!! The cord on my Chi flat iron aslo does it, in fact worse!!

Jacquie said...

I haven't done a Happy Meal in... well, forever. But, when I do give in to a McD's craving... I get the TWO CHEESEBURGER MEAL. Terrible, I know.

And that cord, you'll get in a habit of untangling it or you'll get a shorter cord. Good luck with that.

Whitney said...

Oh Lauren Kelly, I am SO with you on the phone cord issue. I was just yelling at mine a minute ago! Love that you got a Happy Meal - I do sometimes as well. It's the perfect amount of food!

Melissa said...

They need to get youy a cordless! I love the happy meals. The toys make great treasure box prizes for school!!

Unknown said...

What a great idea for an invitation!

I am in my 30's and still love Happy Meals! Nothing like chicken nuggets, apple dippers and milk for a lunch on the go! And sometimes I keep my prize and other times I get it for a boy to give to my nephew. No shame!

Always a Southern Girl said...

I feel your pain with the telephone cord! I finally talked my boss into ordering one of those cord things that retracts the cord so it doesn't tangle up.

Have a great day, love your blog.

a boy a girl and a pug said...

i heart happy meals too! and now i'm craving french fries...they have the best.

Loree said...

Yes I love happy meals occasionally. It'sbeen a while since I last indulged though.

Kendra said...

I get Happy Meals for me all the time. Of course, I also have a 3year old in tow, so it gives me an excuse. But, they're the perfect portion for the average person. Not too much, not too little. And a toy, too!

sandra said...

i get happy meals all the time too and i too am 24!
people at my McDonald's aren't so friendly though-they usually give me 'the eye'-but it may be because i'm not the tiniest person so they think it's a joke but i really don't eat all that much lol and i think everything from there is gross with the exception of my happy meal cheeseburger. plus, u get a toy...of course that makes me happy!