Sunday, April 5, 2009

Penny for your thoughts!



Yesterday was another pretty Florida day. I had a wonderful afternoon treat and had some girl time and a lunch date with my BFF Melissa and then last night I baby-sat. Other than that I didn't do a whole lot. It's Sunday morning and I have the house all to myself and have some quiteness and trying to get myself motivated to get up and around and do the things I need to do before I have to head to Bath and Body Works tonight to work at a floor set. I'm kind of sporatic when working there but the little extra money is nice, so can't complain!!

What is everyone else doing this Sunday??

In other exciting news, I'm about 10 posts away from making it to my 100th post, and after this, make it 9, haha! I'm trying to rack my brain on how to make this milestone fun!! :o) Blogging has been so great and love being able to have this avenue in which to get my feelings out there and I'm so much better with words and writing down my thoughts, so it's been perfect for me. I just always try to keep focused on why I started this in the first place. It's not about how many followers you can get, who visits and stops by (and I love each and everyone who stops by here), but it's about keeping it real, pure, honest, and fun. With that being said, give me some thoughts on what you like and what could be changed about the blog, and trust me, I'll take the good with the bad, haha! I just want to keep it relevant and interesting and to keep you coming back for more! So fire away, want to get your input!

Also, for those of you who aren't already my friend on Facebook, would love to be your friend and keep up with you on there. You can find me under Lauren Kelly in the Orlando Network and of course I'm on Twitter as you can see from the sidebar on my blog, so you can find me there as well :)

15 comments:

Carpool Queen said...

This week is my 100th, too! I think I'm going to do a bloggy giveaway, but I'm not sure yet. I guess I better get crackin'.

I always like to get insight into people's personalities, what makes them laugh, what drives them insane.
That's what brings me to a blog - feeling like I can kinda' get to know someone.

Loree said...

I'm farr from 100. Hope to reach that milestone some day but with the days getting warmer and spending more time out doors it might be more difficult but, hey, I'll try my best :)

Kendra said...

I'm not good at giving blog advice, since I've apparently hit a writing block. I used to have lots on my mind, but now it's just blank and borning. All about TV! Blech!

Just keep being yourself, I guess. But, if you want the truth, here it is. I'm not a fan of blog music. I forget my speakers are turned up and sometimes I pop on to someone's page and WHAMMO! I'm freaked out by sudden loud music. So, other than that, keep doing what you're doing!

Jacquie said...

I don't think you need to change anything about your blog. I started mine for my family more than anything... as a journal and for recounting stories of my childhood years. I think if you keep it for the reason you started it... you'll be happy.

I just requested you on Facebook...

T Sharee said...

Hi! I found your blog on Kelly's Korner. I just wanted to let you know about my blog giveaway to benefit the American Cancer Society’s Relay for Life. This giveaway is for Paula Deen’s 10 piece cookware set. Check out my blog for more details about entry. Thanks for looking. Tiff

Jennifer said...

We just took the BEST Sunday nap ever. :)

Rebecca Jo said...

Man - there are alot of Lauren Kelly's on Facebook!! Glad you put the Orlando thing...

YIPEE!

Unknown said...

sent a facebook friend request ;)

Becca~CapturingSimpleJoys said...

I wouldn't change anything. I enjoy reading you because you're honest and open and that's always something I enjoying reading:)

Jess :) said...

Hey girl!! I'm still here. It's just been a crazy busy weekend and I've had a bit of a rough day. I'll be fine, but just need to get through something with my sis. :)

Just wanted to stop by and say "hi" quick and thank you for the text. I just realized that I never texted you back. Totally meant to...I'm super sorry!!

Thanks for checking in and being such a sweet friend!

Love ya

Unknown said...

I cannot think of anything to change :-) I love your blog!

and I JUST saw your comment - for some reason I didnt realize you lived in Florida - if we werent traveling with friends (and I'm a little obsessive about 'not putting people out' - I'm a people-pleaser to the max) I totally would have made my husband stop so we could meet in person!

happy 100th post soon too . . . that's such a great milestone!

Niki said...

Can't think of anything you should change!! Love the blog how it is!!

Kelsey said...

I honestly LOVE your blog, Lauren--it has been such a blessing to me!

Heather said...

Way to go girl and glad you are back even if I am a couple of posts late!

She's Mine said...

wishing you a safe landing and letting you know, i'm back!!!