Tuesday, August 23, 2011

The kitchen and I.


Y’all, let’s talk about the kitchen for a minute.

You see, the kitchen and I, we have a love/hate relationship for many reasons.  Too many to go into. Suffice to say, we’re probably both just happier if I stay out of it, ha. The latest incident may or may not have resulted in me breaking something and slipping and falling on the ground landing on my behind. This all happened in the same kitchen scenario. Yeah, see told you!!

I never claim to be an expert in the kitchen. In fact, far from it. My poor future husband, ha! 

So when I come across super easy recipes, I’m all for it. I honestly can’t remember if I’ve ever put this on the blog. I’ve made this one other time.

I’m going to make it again tonight. It’s super quick and easy and so so yummy!!!

Sloppy Joe Casserole:




Ingredients
  • 1 pound lean ground beef
  • 1 1/2 cups canned sloppy joe sauce
  • 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
  • 2 (8 ounce) cans refrigerated reduced-fat crescent rolls

Directions

  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Spray a 9x13-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
  2. Cook and stir the ground beef in a skillet over medium heat, breaking it up as it cooks, until the meat is no longer pink, about 10 minutes. Drain off any excess fat, and mix the sloppy joe sauce into the cooked meat.
  3. Unroll a can of crescent rolls, and pinch the triangles together to form a single sheet of dough. Lay the dough into the bottom of the prepared baking dish. Spread the meat and sauce mixture in an even layer over the dough, and sprinkle the Cheddar cheese over the meat mixture. Unroll the second can of rolls, pinch the triangles together to make a single sheet of dough as before, and place the dough over the cheese.
  4. Bake the casserole in the preheated oven until the top sheet of dough is golden brown, 15 to 20 minutes. 
Easy enough, right????

Nom Nom! Enjoy :-)

Any of you others out there have the same relationship with the kitchen??? HA!

7 comments:

Michelle (michabella) said...

Hahaha....ummm I always say "my poor future husband". I can NOT cook. I can bake like a champ but I am awful at cooking! I will probably have all my meals from the crockpot! Lol!

Shannon Dew said...

Oh yum! I love sloppy joes and I love a good casserole recipe! I'll be adding this to my menu plan!

Lindsey said...

Yum!!! I have a weakness for casseroles!

mary.anne.gruen@gmail.com said...

This sounds like a great idea! I can't wait to try it next week!

Angie said...

Mmmmm...that sounds great!

Kim said...

Wow this does sound simple and easy!! Thanks Lauren! Funny, I just made sloppy joes the other night and could have made this. :)

nadina said...

Haha ^_^ I have the same relations with a kitchen. But sometimes try to cook something tasty :)

P.S. American measure system drives me mad :-D