Thursday, June 16, 2011

Authentic friendship.

Last night my BFF and her hubby had me over for dinner.

This is Melissa and her husband Ben.


It did my heart good.

I was in their wedding which was in Vegas. SO fun.


I always ask them, when are we going back to Vegas? Ha!

No sooner I walked into the house we were sitting down for dinner and then we just spent a couple of hours just hanging out and talking. Wish I would have gotten pictures.

Dinner was yummy, and the company even better.

It’s always a wonderful thing when you can get along great with the husband as well. He always makes me feel welcome and he’s just an all around great guy.

It will be nice when God blesses me with someone. I see lots of double dates in our future.

The cool thing… and I’ve talked about Mel on the blog lots, but we’re actually cousins. But NEVER once do we rarely use the word “cousin.” But our relationship is so much more than sharing the same blood. I can't even describe it. I call her my BFF and never once does cousin come into the equation. She knows the good, bad, and the ugly. She knows she can be real with me and vice versa.

As she’s moved on to a new season in her life in marriage, our relationship has not changed. I’m so glad God brought Ben into her life to love her and cherish her and to do life with her. And good thing he knows that marrying her is like a package deal, I’m included, ha!

Mel and I can laugh just by looking at each other, ha. We laugh over the silliest stuff. So important to have friends that can make you laugh.

Friendships are such a gift from God.

A REAL FRIEND:
Knows when to listen,
When to stop listening,

When to talk,
when to stop talking,

When to pour wine,
when to stop pouring
and just hand over the bottle.

To see yourself through the eyes of a friend is to know how special you really are.

There’s no problem that friends cannot confront, combat, plot against, ignore, make fun of, drown in chocolate sauce or run over with the car.

Through love, through friendship, a heart lives more than one life.


Our friendship doesn't get any more real than this..


She would so kill me if she knew I was posting that. Ha! Good thing she loves me.

If I could use one word to describe our friendship.

Authentic.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good friends are the best! Sounds like you have the ultimate. Have a great Thursday.

Immeasurably More Mama said...

Good friends are so special. :)

Heather @ Simple Wives said...

Awe, sweet pictures and post!! :D

Girl in Carolina said...

Aw what a wonderful post! I love thits. And I LOVE LOVE your paddleboarding picture! If we ever meet, we should do that together! Um, I need more practice though. haha!!!

Have a wonderful weekend, my friend!! :)

Rosie said...

It's so great to have a best friend like that!