Monday, April 18, 2011

My own little world.



Please take a moment to watch this. This has become one of my favorite songs and one of my biggest prayers, that I would live outside of “Population Me.”

I had the amazing opportunity to serve my community this weekend and to give back. The college and career group from our church spent Saturday morning at a sharing center putting together almost 300 Easter baskets for our local community. It was SO much fun and I think it’s safe to say I was probably more blessed putting them together then the sweet kids who will be receiving them.

I was humbled by the whole experience. There was NEVER a year when I was a kid that the Easter Bunny (my Mom, ha) didn’t come to visit me. But it truly broke my heart to think that there are families out there that don’t have the means to put a meal on their table when the holidays come around, or to make Easter a little but sweeter for their kids and be able to put a basket together for them. I won’t meet the families that receive these baskets, but I hope the touch of my hands, will touch their hearts.

It has been my heart’s desire that God would open up doors to be able to give up myself and give of my time to make a difference in my community, to reach out and touch the lives of others. And this is the first of MANY doors I hope that God will open.

Saturday, was a good “Lauren, get over yourself, moment.” And I think we ALL need that. I could tell you about all the other weekend highlights. But this is the one that truly matters the most.

What if there's a bigger picture
what if I'm missing out
What if there's a greater purpose
I could be living right now
outside my own little world.

2 comments:

Rosie said...

It's always so gratifying to give back in that way. I can't listen to the song at work, but I'm sure it's great :)

Melanee said...

i love this song to. just the right words...