Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Back in the game!

So I didn’t do a c25k update last week because frankly last week sucked when it came to running. I was having knee issues and it was painful to even just walk, let alone try to run. It would get better and so I’d think to myself, Oh surely I can do this now. But once I got out there, it was a no go. I had no idea what the deal was and it wasn’t going away. So I took some time off, popped ibuprofen, and continued icing the knees…. Still wasn’t going away. I was getting SO frustrated and I have a 5k scheduled for May 7th and seriously was considering not even doing it because of my knees crapping out on me and this got me a little behind in my c25k training.

Until I discovered this.


KT Tape…. A blessing straight from heaven above. This was suggested to me and let me tell you, IT WORKS and I can testify to that only using it ONE time!!!! I figured out that what I have is called runners knee. It’s where there’s pain behind or right around the kneecaps. But I went running this morning without zero pain with the KT Tape on. Go here to learn more. I wanted to cry because truly my heart was dead set on doing this 5k and I just did not want to back out and felt like I’d be letting myself down.

At this point, I’m going to continue with the 5k, and even if I have to walk the majority of it, no shame in that, right?!?!?!?! (at least I hope). But my goal is to be able to run as much as I can. But if I have to walk, I keep telling myself that’s okay, too.

Ladies and gentlemen…. (ummm, or just ladies, ha), Lauren is back in the game!!!!! :)

5 comments:

Immeasurably More Mama said...

I'm glad the tape works and you are feeling encouraged this morning! Any suggestions for plantars faschitis?

Aishlea said...

Girl, even if you walk the whole thing, that's more than a lot of people can do! :) I'm thinking of doing a 5k this Saturday and I would definitely have to walk some of it! I'm not back up to par just yet!

Rosie said...

Yay!! I can't believe I haven't heard of that! I might have to try it out next time my knees hurt.

Jessica @ Wanting Adventure said...

What a great idea! My knees sometimes hurt after running so maybe I need that stuff.

Katie said...

That is completely ok if you need to walk. You are doing it and accomplishing a big goal, and that is all that matters. ; )

I'm glad you found that tape to help.