Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Confidence

I have no idea where I’m heading with this post.

But what I do know is I’ve had this scripture that I’ve come across a few times within the last couple of weeks, and don’t think it’s by coincidence. Ever have a particular scripture that God keeps bringing to your attention and then it almost gets comical and you’re like okay Lord, I get it? Ha!

Do not throw away your confidence; it will be richly rewarded. You need to preserve so that when you have done the will of God, you will receive what he has promised. Hebrews 10: 35-36.

I have this scripture in my car and at my desk at work. I’ve heard it in other instances lately as well, except mine goes a little like this.

Do not throw away your confidence, Lauren; it will be richly rewarded. You need to preserve so that when you have done the will of God, you will receive what he has promised. Hebrews 10: 35-36.

I personalized it for myself.

Confidence is something I’ve always had to work on as long as I can remember.

At times I have a problem with slouching when I walk. My Mom I’m ashamed to say still has to remind me sometimes to stand up straight. She’ll then go on to say “It shows confidence, Lauren.”

I have to intentionally work at being confident. I think us a women, deal with this issue the most.

Confidence is a firm handshake when you’re meeting someone for the first time.

Confidence is looking someone straight in the eyes in a situation where you have to stand up for what you believe and defend yourself in a situation where you are not being treated fairly. And I think we can all say we’ve been in that kind of situation at one time or another.

Confidence is the backbone to everyone. Some just have to work at it a little bit harder than others.

When you’re looking at a picture of a swimsuit model who is a size 00, confidence should allow you to still feel okay, because you know you are comfortable in your own skin.

Confidence should allow you to look in that mirror and like that person staring back at you.

You should be able to say, I am beautiful, and say it with confidence.

Confidence gives you the chance to say, I can achieve anything.

With confidence you can say, I deserve to be loved. I am a good catch. Some guy out there is really going to be lucky to have me.

No one can take confidence away from you.

I read this quote yesterday. “The greatest accessory a woman can own is confidence.”

So daily, I have to choose to put on that accessory.

It’s okay to be confident. The scripture tells us to put on that confidence.

In fact, I’m pretty confident of that :)

6 comments:

Aishlea said...

I struggle with this every day! Thanks for the reminder that I should be confident-- :)

Michelle (michabella) said...

LOVE this post!!! Us women, def struggle with confidence the most. For the first time in my life, a couple years ago, I was able to feel confident! What a great blessing that is. I still struggle sometimes, esp when it comes to rejection.

Have a lovely day!

Rosie said...

I'm happy to say my confidence has grown so much in the last few years. Being an office manager has given me thick skin.But everyone woman def. struggles with confidence & I'm one of them. Nice to be reminded sometimes that we don't have to be PERFECT.

Jess :) said...

Great post!!! And so very true. I love that you wrote about this, friend!

Jacquie Wallace said...

So true, Lauren. Every time I see a picture of your Mom, I think of how confident she looks. :)

Perfectly Imperfect said...

I think this is a huge think women deal with. Men have no problem admitting what they're good at, and the should admit it!, but we women are told what we're good at and we shy away saying "well I'm not that good". We need to own up to how awesome we are!! Great post Lauren!