Saturday, July 30, 2011

Spotlight on my Mom!

Time after time, Mom, you are the one
who proclaims your pride in me,
but today it's my turn to talk of pride
and place the spotlight on you -
for the life you've lived
and the example you've been to me.
No matter the situations life has dealt,
you've handled them with honor and grace.
You are a woman of countless abilities.
I've looked up to you all my life;
growing up, I assumed you could do most anything.
The pride I have in you goes beyond
all the things you have done.
I'm proud of the person you've always been -
kind, caring, dependable, and wise.
So I am the one who is bragging today
because I have a mom
who makes me so proud.


Happy 50th Birthday, Mom!!

I love you!!!!

4 comments:

Aishlea said...

Beautiful! :) Your mom is beautiful...just like you! :) Happy Birthday to your Mom!

Rebekah said...

Okay, now that is about the sweetest thing ever! Every mom's dream!

Rosie said...

I think we talked about it last year, but your mom and mine share a birthday. Mine turned 55 this year. Pretty neat huh? Love the post! Ya'll both look so beautiful!

BARBIE said...

Lauren, what an absolutely beautiful tribute to your momma!