Monday, February 14, 2011

L.O.V.E

In my jewelry box there are quite a few significant pieces of jewelry that have come to mean a lot to me. Most of them come from my grandfather who passed away in 2009. He was a jewelry maker.

He made me a necklace with Jesus’ face on it and it sits on the shape of a cross. It’s probably has become one of my favorite pieces of jewelry from him.

I’m wearing it today.

Today is Valentine’s Day and if you’re single it might not be one of your favorite days. I might joke about Valentine’s Day because I’m single myself. But if you put aside the candy, flowers, and stuffed bears, I really do love the meaning behind the day. A day to focus on love.

Love comes in many forms. But as a single, today I have one love to focus on.


Proverbs 3:3- Let love and faithfulness never leave you; bind them around your neck, write them on the tablet of your heart.


And I bought a Valentine’s gift for myself. It’s the gift that keeps on giving (to my thighs of course).


Hey, it's Valentine's Day!! :)

Hope y'all have a wonderful one!

15 comments:

Erin Ward said...

Love the necklace! My favorite necklace belonged to my grandma. She passed away last year, and now I have the necklace she wore all the time. So special!

Rebecca Jo said...

what a beautiful necklace!!!!!

Girl - you have the best love of all!!! Jesus!!! <3

And I think you gave yourself the best gift with those Thin Mints... mmmm... I need to get ahold of my girl scout & find out where my cookies are!!!!

Happy Valentines friend!

the girl in the red shoes said...

What a sweet post! Love the special meaning behind your necklace. Happy Valentine's Day!

Rosie said...

What a sweet necklace. And awesome ending to the post. Thin Mints are the best!
Happy Valentine's Day!

Terri T said...

I agree 100%! Take away all the materialism (even though I secretly love it) that is Valentines Day and you're left with love.

PS-love the necklace!

Trina said...

What a sweet post! I don't have any mementos like that from my grandparents. :( Treasure it!

PS How much are GS cookies? Rayna tried to tell me they were $1 {her friend at school is a GS} and I was like they HAVE to be more than a $1 a box! My favs are the Do Si Dos!

Holly said...

Love the necklace! Happy Valentine's Day!

Elizabeth said...

Happy Valentine's Day!! Sending love your way! xoxo!

katie@tulsadetails said...

How special to have jewelr handcrafted by your grandfather. That piece is gorgeous!

Kassie said...

I love this. You are wonderful!

Jessica @ Wanting Adventure said...

That's so good to treat yourself! Love it. :)

AndreaLeigh said...

happy valentine's day! love the necklace, and it means even more than your sweet grandfather made it for you!

a boy a girl and a pug said...

such a gorgeous necklace...so incredibly special!!

and love the gift you got for yourself ha!

Katie said...

Lauren, you are just precious. I think about you a lot and hope your week has been special.

I know the LORD is blessing you for having such a beautiful heart.

Thin mints...yum!

Kim said...

Such a sweet post!! Your a sweet girl & we all know you'll find your true love one day! ♥ Love me some Thin Mints!!! Yum!