Monday, January 11, 2010

I.C.U

A song by Mandisa was on my heart all weekend, it’s called “He is with you.”

There’s one line in the song that really stuck out to me.

“He is with you in the I.C.U when the doctors don’t know what to do, and it scares you to the core, he is with you.”

One of my best friends works in the I.C.U unit as a nurse….. When you think of I.C.U you automatically think of “Intensive Care Unit” and you automatically think health.

Let me put another perspective on it. Don’t we all have our moments when we need intensive care. When we’re going through situations in life where we feel like we just can’t go on and it feels like the load we’re carrying is just too hard?

And all the while he’s saying I.C.U (I see you)..

I haven’t forgotten about you.

I love you.

My Grandpa also passed away in the I.C.U unit in September of 2009 and I have no doubt in my mind that God wasn’t there holding his hand as he took his last breath saying I.C.U… As hard as the moment was, there was nothing more beautiful at the same time watching him enter eternal peace and rest and knowing that everything was made right again as he entered Heaven that day.

Watch the video if you have a moment. It’s a beautiful song. Pause the music on my blog so you can listen.



It’s funny because I don’t know who all reads this blog. And I have new people pop in all the time….. but I just hope with each and every post I write that it always meets someone right where they’re at and that it inspires you and points you to the God who loves you.

He sees you.

13 comments:

Amber said...

You are absolutely right! What an inspiration it is to put this into perspective. You've touched my heart today, Lauren =)

Rebecca Jo said...

I just saw this song for the first time on another blog & LOVE it... I just love Mandissa anyways... such powerful words in that song..

Lindsey said...

Wow! Love this!!

Rosie said...

I'm with Lindsey...I LOVE this!

Heather said...

Great post Lauren!

prashant said...

it is to put this into perspective. You've touched my heart today

Work from home India

Holly said...

Really beautiful post! Thank you for reminding us...

Lauren @ Dreams Take Flight said...

I love this post (and that song!) Your blog is an amazing reminder to me of God's love, usually right when I need it. :)

Kait said...

I needed to read this! THANK YOU!

Kendra said...

Amen sista!

Staci said...

I love this, Lauren! I've never thought about ICU that way before. So true though!

Unknown said...

We recently had a 15 year old student pass away from cancer. At her funeral they played this song in a slideshow of pictures. It spoke to me, and now I listen to it at least once a day!

Your post today was great and I hope that someone is touched by what you shared. Hope you have a great week!

Ashley @ {Let Go, Laughing} said...

what an awesome perspective! i love it!