Friday, October 17, 2008

A little perspective

My child,
Walking in the unseen realm of faith and maintaining a sense of peace and trust in Me is hard, but My grace makes up the difference in the places where you fall short. You know I love you so much and would do anything to shield you from pain and sorrow if at all possible. But pain and sorrow are often the only way for you to see your need for Me in order to grasp that you are unable to change things on your own. I love you enough to cause you to depend on Me and cry out so that you get to the place to give Me permission to intervene in the circumstances where you fail. I am compassionate, merciful and steadfast and would tell you that you belong to a heavenly Papa who is faithful and loves you perfectly, completely and unconditionally. My plan does not always line up with what your human reasoning can fathom as I develop eternal values in you that cannot be shaken. Unlike you, I understand that your own superficial, short term priorities are not going to benefit you in the long run, because you are being fashioned by Me into a beautiful vessel of honor that I want to use for My purposes in the days to come. Often this fashioning is not pleasant, but I would ask you to see it as an adventure and a glorious refining process! I challenge you to trust Me to lead you to a place of peace and maturity, where you can say with confidence, Consider it pure joy, my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance. Perseverance must finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything. James 1:2-4

With Love,
Your loving Heavenly Father

1 comment: