Friday, September 5, 2008

Randomness

Where does the time go? It's true when they say time stops for no one. I can't believe it's already September. Fall is probably one of my most favorite times of the year.

I just this week started back to school after the labor day holiday and having a week off, more like 2 weeks off due to the storms. I see it as one semester down and fewer to go, lol. Now it's back to the good ole' grind.

At the beginning of next month I am looking forward to going to St. Louis, Missouri, for Joyce Meyer's Annual Women's Convention. I went back in 2005 and haven't been since. Had an amazing time and absolutely love the city, and of course can't forget about spending the whole weekend in God's Word with thousands of women from around the world. Praying in advance that I will get what I need out of this trip and that God will show up. Also, will be looking forward to celebrating my niece's
3rd birthday next month.

Okay, this is a change of subject. But I have totally been into this election this year unlike any other. I kept up with both conventions for both parties and listened to what each one had to say, and really have come to realize the significance and importance of this election. There is so much at stake and I feel truly honored to be able to have some say by casting my vote. Putting the title of Republican and Democrat aside, we're all united under one nation, and ultimately it's God's decision who will end up in the White House next. It will be interesting to see where my sudden interest in politics will take me. Being that I'm going to school for court reporting I've been introduced to a glimpse of how the legal system works and really interested to learn about government and politics which I will be surrounded by in this line of work. So I just ask whoever reads this, go out and vote, get informed, and let your voice be heard, there's too much at stake! Okay, I'll get off my soap box now.

Have an awesome day and weekend!

lovelovelove,
Lauren

No comments: