Thursday, May 7, 2009

"Show Us Where You Live Friday"



It's that time again for Kelly's "Show Us Where You Live Friday" and this week is living rooms. And since I'm going to be flying in the sky tomorrow to New York, wanted to post it tonight. Enjoy the tour :)

My living room as you see it coming in from the front door.


Living room as you see if from the dining area.


The entertainment area. Yes, the TV is a tad bit small for the box, but hey.... it's not about quantity but about quality (and the fact that it brings me all my favorite TV shows, ha)


This is above the TV. The ceramic piece on the left of the face is a piece I made in ceramic class in high school and it was on display in the school, haha. Still have it and the other picture on the right is when we went to go see President Bush when he came into town in 2004 and he's the first president I ever shook hands with and we got a picture of it.


This is by far my favorite piece in the whole living room.


The home is where memories are made.


Love these. They say:

In every way and everyday, cherish family, friends, and traditions..
and..
Work as if you don't need the money, love as if you've never been hurt, and dance as if no one is watching.


And lastly, both end tables.

The shrine to my brother's family... Aren't they adorable?




It's been fun ya'll, come by again :)

Oh, and I gave my mom her mother's day gift tonight since we're all leaving tomorrow because the less you take on the plane, the better... she loved it all...



I got her Marley & Me, a gift set of boby care products, and a sign that says " I Love You To The Moon & Back" to put on her desk at work.

I heart my Mom! It's going to be sooo fun having a girls weekend in New York with her this Mother's Day! And I'll have a post for her coming up on Sunday telling you all about my precious momma!

Talk to you when I get back!!! :o)

22 comments:

Kelsey said...

I love your red furniture and accents!!

Jennifer said...

Love all your red furniture! Too cute!

Rebecca Jo said...

I too was thinking how much I loved the red couch & seen two others have already said the same thing!! Funny...

Great Mother's Day gifts too... LOVE that sign for the desk!!

have a great trip!!!!

Kelly said...

So cute - love the red!!!
Have SO much fun on your trip!!!

Heather said...

I think our couches are the same!! Love your room you do such a great job Lauren! Have fun on your trip!

Mommyto3andahusky said...

Love the big red couches! :)

Kelley said...

I really like the red couch. Your living room is so cute!

Debbie said...

I love the red furniture. Debbie

Pam Bowers said...

Very nice. I love all the red you use.

Cheri said...

Love your red couches!!!

yours truly... said...

I love that art piece in your living room!! So fun!!

Have a great time in NYC!! I wish I was going too!!!

Kaitlyn said...

Too cute, have a wonderful trip!

Unknown said...

I love your place! :-) and what a sweet mother's day present!

Emily said...

ohhh! I love your house and furniture! soo cute... have soo much fun friend:) im soo jealou! I have never been to nyc!

Nichele Lynn said...

I,like everyone else, LOVE the red!! And the sing you got your momma made my heart melt!

Megan said...

Loved the red furniture!

Crystal said...

I love it... Very cute style. Have a great trip!

Melissa said...

love the red couches

Kendra said...

LOVE your red furniture!!

Terry said...

Love it !So vibrant and full of life.
The red is great and oh the art work.that is a cool way to keep your brother near.
I like that you took care of your Mom before leaving that was really sweet.
I have never shaken hands with a President that was really cool.
I really have had a great visit thank you for inviting us over here in blogland.
Have a blessed weekend.

Jacquie said...

You must not have a kitty with that red furniture. Ha!

Hope you're having a blast in NY.

KIMBERLY said...

I ABSOLUTELY LOVE LOVE LOVE YOUR RED FURNITURE AND YOUR SIGNS! TOO TOO CUTE! THANKS FOR SHARING!