Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Hand in Hand.

Two years ago my Grandpa went to be with Jesus.

Today is his birthday as well. And I just wanted to honor him today.

Honestly, I can not think of any greater birthday gift than the one he received two years ago, oh to be face to face with Jesus! I imagine that was one pretty amazing day for him, but hard for those of us left behind.

Today holds so much.

My Grandpa passed away in the ICU at the hospital. I was standing right next to him as he drew his last breath. It was the first and only time I've truly experienced death like that. To witness someone's time here on earth end and not only that but on the very day that his time here on earth began.

To me, there was nothing morbid about it. I felt honored as his granddaughter to be holding his hand and rejoicing, but tearfully so, that God was waiting for him with open arms.

Gramps, for two years now you've got to experience the awesomeness that is Heaven. I wish there was a direct line to Heaven so I could talk to you so you could tell me what it's like. I can only imagine.

In the meantime, I look forward to seeing you again. Walking hand in hand.

5 comments:

Kim said...

Such a beautiful post. I can only imagine how hard that must have been on you but with a peace of mind knowing he's in a much better place. Happy Bday to your G-pa, may he celebrate with joice in heaven with Jesus! ♥

Girl in Carolina said...

I experienced something similar with my grandmother a few years ago. It's such a beautiful thing to know they are with the Lord, isn't it? But so heartbreaking to have to say goodbye to them...but only for now... :)

xox Happy Birthday to your Grandpa in heaven!

a boy a girl and a pug said...

praying for you today...these anniversaries and days with so many memories can be tough. thankfully he is celebrating and rejoicing with the Lord today!!

Holly said...

Beautiful photo, and beautiful post too. :)

Trina said...

This make me choke up because of the road I'm on with my dad. It's only a matter of time.