Monday, September 19, 2011

A couple of weekend highlights.

I had plans to go out of town to visit a friend this past weekend but at last minute they got cancelled. So this weekend was very low key. Just the way I like it. 

Just a couple of highlights:

The Gators kicked some Tennessee behind. It was a good game though and the Volunteers put up a good fight.

Here’s my sister and I dressed up for Game Day.


It’s great to be a Florida Gator. I had a nice Florida State Seminole fan tell me I need to change my colors to Garnet and Gold because blue tends to wash me out. And well, I said look at the tan we have going on.... haha!! Yeah, blew his theory out the window :) Gotta love football smack talk. Ha!

Okay, so here’s the deal. I’m a firm believer that there are just some movies you are never too old for. So when Lion King came back to theaters, you better believe I was all up on that.



And in 3D, hello? Yeah, I'm soooo there. Ha!! I went Sunday and saw it. Some conclusions:
  • Circle of Life makes me bawl. You know it does you, too.
  • I totally forgot Jonathan Taylor Thomas (affectionately known as JTT) was the voice of young Simba.
  • I will forever love Disney. 
  • I can never ever ever ever ever sit through a movie without popcorn. I just can't.
  • This is by far my favorite scene.


And with that…. HAKUNA MATATA!!

8 comments:

Aishlea said...

Love Love Love The Lion King!!!!!
And that is my favorite scene too!! ;)

Emily said...

I agree, honestly all the older disney movies you can never be too old for! Beauty & the beast came on this weekend (on disney channel none the less) but I halted all plans and watched it in pure satisfaction :)

Jessie Jones said...

I am so excited about Lion King - do they have a non-3D option? My whole family wants to go. I am not crazy about 3D however.... But I'll go one way or the other!

Lauren @ Dreams Take Flight said...

I love Hakuna Matata! Such a wise saying from a Disney movie...love it! I totally forgot about that scene you posted though...maybe I'll have to take myself to see it! :)

Very cute Gators fans...you guys look a lot alike!

Anonymous said...

Even though I am UT Vol fan, we can still be friends = ) Lion King will never get old. That is most certainly my favorite scene too! Love it.

Green Girl said...

You and your sister are too pretty!!! :)

Justin and Jessica said...

Glad you had a good weekend! LOVE LOVE LOVE the Lion King!!! I'm not sure I'll make it to see the 3D version though ... I'm waiting on this baby to arrive. :)

Heather @ Simple Wives said...

I really hope to see Lion King in the theaters too!! :)

And you look so cute in that pic!