Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Blogging.

I was looking back and I’ve noticed up to this point I’ve blogged way less than last year. I got to thinking as to why that could be.

I can’t quite put my finger on it except to say the urgency to blog everyday just isn’t there like it used to be. If I don’t have anything to say, then I just don’t blog. I’ve realized that less and less I’ve documented just my every day to day life and I want to get back to that. I’ve taken the camera out less and less. I began to get frustrated with myself. 

I’ve shrunk back. 

I really really have come to love my corner of the internet. I cherish it. But blogging is a funny thing. It causes you to play the comparison game and you find yourself trying to measure up to those you might never even meet.

I wish it didn’t, but it does and it happened to me.

I have no husband. Have no kids. I’m still living at home trying to work towards getting out on my own. Still in school trying to get into my career. I have to be careful and don’t have tons of money to go out and spend on alot of things. And at the end of the day it’s easy to think who wants to read about that?? 

But I am so so blessed in MANY ways!! More than I deserve.

Let me say, this is not a woe is me post. The point is, I need to realize all this is okay. I’m not trying to be like anyone else or measure up. My journey is just that, my journey.

Everyone is in their own season of life. I guess the moral of all this is just to be content with blogging during every season, no matter what that season maybe. At the end of the day I know I'll be glad I have this blog to look back on to see how God has gotten me through each and every season of my life. 

Anyone feeling me here?

So this is me. Where I’m at right now. This minute. And I’m learning to be okay with that.


14 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm with you 100%... I end up not blogging because 1) my job is so confidential and 2) my job is all I do all day and 3) I don't have any kids to take pictures of. So then I think... well why would anyone find my life interesting?! It can be hard not to compare and not to get caught up in blogging for others - it is easy to forget that the real reason we should blog is for ourselves.
Love you, friend! xo

Lindsey said...

I can totally relate! I go through this type of thinking all the time! But then I just blog for me and to remember things in my life so I can look back at them years later and that is enough for me.

Emily said...

I full agree with you! I feel sometimes like I'm not good enough or not interesting enough or whatever the case may be. It all comes down to the fact that I started my blog for ME, not for anyone else & I want to stay true to that....no matter how boring that may be! :)

BARBIE said...

I enjoy your blog, even though I am much older, with four kids, etc. We are like minded in many ways, striving after the same heavenly things. Your blog is your journey. You aren't supposed to be like everyone else. Have a beautiful day!

THE Stephanie said...

I totally relate. Earlier this summer I really cut back on my blogging simply b/c I didn't really have anything to say. At first I felt weird, like I was not doing something I was supposed to be doing, but then I reminded myself that I only blog for me. I don't blog for comments and to be the "most read", just for me. It's my own little online scrapbook. :)

Kassie said...

Obviously I'm with you on this one. :) Kind of why I haven't been blogging except for random little things here and there. I think I just needed a step back, you know?

I'm a very happy, content person. I always have been, and have always been happy with every stage in my life. However, that can become out of whack with social media. It's hard to keep jealousy in line with blogging, facebook, and twitter. People say otherwise all the time, but the cold hard facts are that the most popular blogs are written by beautiful people who are very happily married, usually with adorable kids. And those are some of my favorites too!! But it's not me.

So what do I blog about? Not much lately. But I do like to document my life, and blogging helps me take more pictures and remember things. Which is what I like to keep in mind.

SKYPE SOON?? :) xox

Lyryn said...

Um, this is a fantastic post! You need to not measure up to anyone because you are your own beautiful self.

It's so true that we are all in different season, and my dear? Your season will soon come too. Whether you blog about it a lot or a little it's about your life and no one else and that is what's special. Keep blogging when you can! That's all that matters :)

a boy a girl and a pug said...

totally get it!! so many times i read through blogs and have to take a step back and remind myself to be content. feel so blessed that our blog's passed have crossed and that we get to see each other's journey unfold!!

Trina said...

I love this: I guess the moral of all this is just to be content with blogging during every season, no matter what that season maybe.

Amen sister. Just keep swimming...er I mean blogging.

Lauren @ Dreams Take Flight said...

I can totally relate. I am definitely blogging less lately because it's so easy to get drawn into the "comparison" game. And it's so true that everyone is in a different season of life, and when one thing is in "place" it doesn't mean everything is. I love being married, but I would love to be able to develop my career to where I want it to be, and it just doesn't seem to be happening for me right now. It just goes to show you that there's always something.

I do know that I want to start blogging more about the day-to-day too. I love looking back at my old blog posts and remembering what I was doing at a certain time.

Heather @ Simple Wives said...

Love this post! So true.

Jessica @ Wanting Adventure said...

I am always comparing my blogging to others - and then I need to remember that I blog for me first and foremost! I want to document my life and so if I don't blog every day, that's ok because I was living my life!

PrincesseduRoi, PrincesadelRey, PrincessoftheKing said...

AMEN Sistah! there is definitely a season for everything in life. mine is just walking by faith right now... but I know HE is always faithful ;)

Holly said...

I'm the same, actually. I definitely go through periods of not being motivated to blog, but I don't want to stop in case I end up regretting it. :)