Monday, June 21, 2010

Dolphins and massages make for a great weekend!

So wanted to share with ya’ll the rest of my dolphin experience and show you pictures from the rest of the weekend!!

First off, if you are in Florida or ever in the Orlando, Florida area, you have got to visit Discovery Cove. It’s so worth every penny. They treat you like VIP. All the food is complementary (it should be for the price you pay, haha) and the park is just so beautiful and neat. My Mom so enjoyed herself and kept telling me over and over again thank you. It was a great day! Enjoy the pictures!!

We're here!!!


When we got there we had to have photo ID tags made!




This is the complementary photo they took of us when we got there!!


Everything including the scenery was just beautiful!!


Oh, which way to go??


I think we'll head to get some breakfast!


The beach area where the dolphin swims are held!


My sweet Momma!


Me!


Dolphin swims already in progress!!


Pretty flower! The greenery around the park was just gorgeous!!


Before our dolphin swim we enjoyed swimming in the lazy river they had there. The water was so warm and felt wonderful!!!!

Mom and I before the dolphin swim!!


This is the Seahorse Cabana where our group had to meet before the dolphin swim and watch a video and all that.






Then it was time for our dolphin swim. It did not disappoint. So much fun. I shared some pictures on my Saturday post. So check them out!!


After our swim we got some lunch!! All the food they had to offer was delicious!!


And there was some entertainment!!


And pretty soon it started raining cats and dogs and had to stay under shelter because it was thundering and lightening really bad. And this is what happens when you can't do anything else, ha!






Then after the rain and thunder let up we got the go ahead to resume our activities and chilled out some more in the warm lazy river water!




There's an area where you can snorkel and see all the pretty fish and manta rays!! We opted out of that because the water was so doggone cold in that area and especially after it rained! But was so neat to see!







Then our last stop was the Bird Aviary!


So many incredible birds. Here's some of my favorites. It was neat!
















By this time it was around 3:30pm and we decided to call it a day. The weather was overcast, we were wet and cold and we got to do everything we wanted to do! This was a picture I got of the ceiling of the entrance to the park as we were leaving.


It was the perfect day!!

Then Saturday the goodness continued! My BFF Melissa treated me to a one hour massage!!!!


Out of this world pure bliss!! We had lunch and was able to spend the afternoon with her!!

Before the massage we were able to sit in the hot tub for awhile outside to relax our muscles. It was so nice and relaxing and the scenery was nice!




They had drinks waiting for us!!


Gotta love Florida palm trees!




And then after our massages Melissa treated me to a Sonic Cherry Limeade.


That's what I call a true friend :)

The weekend couldn't be getting any better!!!! :)

I can't believe it but I barely got any pictures on Sunday, Father's Day! I went to church with my Mom and her hubby and then we all went over to their house and hung out by the pool and ordered pizza. It was a nice and lazy Sunday filled with family and outdoor fun!!

I did get a picture of the cheesecake we picked up from the Cheescake Factory for dessert after lunch!!! YUMMMM!!!!


Oh, I almost forgot. My stepsister Christy and I made a quick trip to the mall yesterday afternoon to use up my H&M giftcard that was burning a hole in my pocket. It was fun and found this cute find among some others!!


Hope everyone had a great weekend and that all the Father's in your life had a great day!!! :)

11 comments:

Melissa said...

Swimming with the dolphins looks so fun!

Aishlea said...

Okay, so I'm JEALOUS of your whole weekend! From the dolphins to the massages to the swimming the day away to the H&M shopping!! :) :)

So GLAD you had a great weekend!

Rosie said...

Oh how I wish I oculd have been in your weekend! It's like a dream. lol. Love the pics girl. Glad it was fun!

Angie said...

Wow lady, you took some amazing photos! I just love them all. The food looks yummy!

I am super jealous of your massage! So relaxing.

Have a great week my friend.

Jenna said...

Swimming with the dolphins looks like SO MUCH FUN!!! Actually Discovery Cove itself looks like a blast! And I love the new dress! So cute Lauren!

Anonymous said...

Wow that looks like so much fun and such a nice day with your mom!

Jordan said...

Sounds like the perfect weekend! :-)

Annie said...

what an amazing weekend you had girly!! i'm slightly jealous ;)
i'm sure swimming with the dolphins was beyond amazing!
i love all the pictures!!!
you and your momma are beautiful! :)

hope you had a good monday hun!!

Kim said...

Looks like you guys had a BLAST!!! Cute pictures, I'm so jealous!!! Your too cute.

Jacquie said...

What a great place to visit!! And a massage to finish off the weekend...lovely!!!

Melanie said...

That looks SOOO FUUNNNN!!!! Oh my goodness! I really need to take my family there! Thanks so much for sharing your pics.

Melanie

~ melscoffeebreak.blogspot.com ~