Thursday, February 5, 2009

TGIF=Fabulous weekend!

First off, let me say that I'm sooooo glad this weekend it's going to warm up for us Floridians!!! I give props to the people up north, don't know how you do it. It has been in the freezing temperatures down here. CRAZY!! I'll stick with the 70 to 80 degree weather, thank you :o)

Don't know if you have ever heard of this band:




They are amazing....check out their website @ www.fireflightrock.com. Sorry I couldn't get the picture any bigger. They are formed and based out of Eustis, FL, outside of Leesburg, where I live, and are members of the church I used to attend. God has done amazing things in and through this band and has really opened up doors of GREAT opportunity for them and they are signed and constantly are traveling all over the country. So I was thrilled when Wendy (the girl on the far left in the picture and her husband is the first guy on the right towards the middle) e-mailed me to let me know they were in town for a bit and wanted to see if we could get together. Of course I said YES. She is such a dear friend of mine. So tonight we're going to have a chick flick night and it will be so great to catch up with her. If you would, please keep this band in your prayers as they continue to seek God and be obedient to the calling placed on their lives.

Thank you Melissa @ Sweet Melissa (www.melissannebradley.blogspot.com) for nominating me for the Sweet Lemony Blog Award!



Here are the official rules of the game...
1. Put the logo on your blog or post.
2. Nominate at least 10 blogs which show great attitude and/or gratitude.
3. Be sure to link to your nominees within your post.
4. Let them know that they have received this award by commenting on their blog.
5. Share the love and link to this post and to the person from whom you received the award.

I nominate:

1. Jess @ www.followthejoyfuljourney.blogspot.com
2. Lauren Fletcher @ www.houseoffletcher.blogspot.com
3. Jacquie @ www.themiddleof11.blogspot.com
4. Jenna @ www.jennababe.blogspot.com
5. Holly @ www.childwithepilepsy.blogspot.com
6. Megan @ www.meganmarshall28.blogspot.com
7. Hillary @ www.razorbackhillary.blogspot.com
8. Heather @ www.therobertsonfamilytx.blogspot.com
9. Heather @ www.livelaughlearnloveoutloud.blogspot.com
10.Meredith @ www.lifeat7000feet.com

I'm thinking I didn't do these links right, and if you can't click on them directly then at least you know the addresses to type in to check them out. So GO and give them some love.

I'm going to take a weekend break from the bloggy world... Just going to enjoy my family, friends, and enjoy the weekend. I'll definitely be back with a weekend update!!! Have an awesome one!!!! :o)

14 comments:

Melissa said...

Have a fabulous weekend girl!!

Jodi said...

Have a great weekend! I'll be checking out the blogs you nominated!

The Nashville Nosher said...

My first blog award! Yay! Thanks :)

Tim said...

Lauren,

What a great idea to just get away and spend quality time with the fam. That is my favorite thing to do. I will keep the band in my prayers, thanks for sharing about them. If you ever want to know how to put links in a post where they will work let me know Id be happy to help. Its not all that easy I know. Sometimes if you dont do it just right it will take the text right out and replace it with the url address and then you get no link.

I noticed that you had become a follower of our blog for my wife and I (Carey and Tim). I just wanted to let you know that our main blog is Fort Thompson. You can follow it as it is the main blog and you can easily access the other family pages from it by clicking on the pictures at the top of the sidebar.

Hope you have a great weekend!

Love and Prayers,

Tim

Tim said...

Oh yeah, I almost forgot.

Big Congrats on the award! I just love getting those! Im sure you have many more to come!

Tim

Jordan said...

Are you trying to rub in the warm weather for us northerners? LOL It is supposed to get up to almost 50 this weekend! Great news for us! haha

Have a great weekend =]

PS: Thanks for the sweet comment. I love your blog & will definately be keeping up with it!

alyssa said...

great blog. just found you. keep it coming : )

Kaitlyn said...

Oh my, that is a great band! Have a wonderful weekend :)

Jess :) said...

Oh Lauren...you're too sweet!! Thank you for the blog award. That is also my first one and I couldn't be more thrilled that it came from you!! :) You would totally be one of my recipients, as well...however, since you already got it...I'll spread the excitement to someone else!

Have a fabulous weekend and I will most definitely keep the band in my prayers!

Love,
Jess :)

P.S. Looking forward to pics of your weekend! By the way, I have the post about my nephew's name ready to go, but I have to get the go ahead from my sis. There are a couple people with hurt feelings (simply for immature reasons) but I'll post as soon as I can. Until then, I would like to share with you his name... ~Jorgen Charles Berg~ Thank you so much for praying for my sister and him over the last couple of weeks!! It means so much to me!

mer@lifeat7000feet said...

Thank you, Lauren! Hope you have a lovely weekend!

Jenna said...

Aww thanks so much! Have a great weekend!

Heather said...

Ah, you are so sweet! I am going to have to do this, b/c another blogger left me this a while back! Not that I am like blogger famous or anything like you!:) LOL!
How do I get that pic on my blog? Have a great weekend!!

Lauren said...

Thank you for my award!!

I hope you have a great time with your friend!

Jacquie said...

Lauren, check my blog for another award!