Friday, January 6, 2012

I'm gonna love you through it.

Have any of you heard the Martina McBride song "I'm gonna love you through it?"

If you haven't, you need to. Have some tissues with you though.

It's kind of our anthem right now.

The house is quiet and friends and family have left and I have some time to myself. If you follow me on Twitter or friends with me on Facebook you know we just got home from a week away. Last Friday night we took my Mom's husband to the hospital. We didn't get good news. After a brain biopsy it was determined our Dad has a wide spread and rapid growing cancerous brain tumor and it's terminal and most likely only has a few weeks left with us. To say it's been an emotional week would be an understatement. Just when we think we can't cry anymore, fresh tears find their way to the surface.

As long as I'm on this side of Heaven there are some things I will never understand, but one thing I'm certain of is that God is faithful to the end. We would covet your prayers right now. Please pray for my family, my Mom, and specifically Larry, if you would like to call him out by name. They had 2.5 beautiful years together, just not long enough. Pray that the rest of the time they have together would be sweet and special. We are going to cherish the rest of the time we have with him, however long that may be. We have been in contact with Hospice and at this time it's about making him comfortable and his time left with us as enjoyable as possible. We have some things planned for him to make this time wonderful and want to mark some things off his bucket list. I have a feeling this is going to be a really neat and amazing time as a family and making memories we'll keep forever.

If there's one thing I've learned these past few days is that it's amazing how things that were once deemed important mean squat now.

When they got married they pledged to love each other in sickness and in health. 
(This is my favorite picture of them)

Before going for biopsy.

He and I before leaving the hospital today.
(Sorry I look like a hot mess. Just keeping it real. It's been a long and emotional week)

We're going to love him through it.

Of course we we are choosing and believing for a miracle. We realize it's a win/win situation and he'll be healed either way, whether it's on this earth or if God calls him home.

Here is the Facebook page set up for Larry for those interested: http://www.facebook.com/#!/LarryRowlandProgress?sk=wall

18 comments:

Linds said...

My heart just breaks for yall. I'm so so sorry, and am praying for all of you!

HRo said...

So sweet. You all will remain in my prayers. Be strong for your Mom she will need it when you least expect it. Hugs to you xoxo

Lynsey said...

My heart is breaking for y'all! I am so sorry you and your family are going through this right now. You will remain in my thoughts and prayers!

Unknown said...

My heart is so broken for you guys:(
I am praying so hard for you, your mom, and Larry - I can't imagine what you all are going through but I am so proud of your guys' attitude. Love him through it - that is the best phrase... lots of love and prayers sent your way!

Melissa said...

My heart hurts for y'all. I will continue to pray!

The Life of Susan said...

lauren i am so sorry that you're going through this, but you're right- God is still faithful and He will carry you through this somehow, someway. praying that this time is so special for you and your family and that He would give you precious times of joy. please let us know if you need anything! love you girl! xoxo

Melissa said...

I'm thinking about you & your family & keeping close in my heart. I hope your time together is full of love and beautiful memories. Much love my sweet friend!!

Jess :) said...

As the tears fall here just thinking about y'all...I can't even imagine how many tears have been shed amongst all of you. My heart is heavy because, no matter what, there's that "WHY, Lord?" that sort of hovers about and may not be answered while we are still here.

Yet, we know that He has a plan for everyone and everything and we are called to TRUST HIM. In any and EVERY situation. Please know that you're ALL being prayed for...many times throughout the day. So incredibly thankful that you're able to spend this time together as a family.

Cherish every single moment...as I know you will! Miracles are possible and happen each day!

Loving you all and sending more hugs than you could ever imagine. Praying you never feel Him leave your side....He is with you ALWAYS.

Justin and Jessica said...

Sending you so many prayers, hugs, and lots of love from SD.

Aishlea said...

You are such an amazing lady to have this kind of perspective. Seriously. I'm awed. And I'm praying so hard for you and your family. I love you friend and I wish I could be right there to hug and help!

Jenny Strickland said...

It hurts my heart! I will continue praying for Larry, your mom, you and your family!

Charissa Steyn said...

so sad...will be praying, may Jesus comfort all of you in ways you never could have imagined.

Janelle said...

I have read your blog from time to time but have never commented. I am so sorry for all the pain your family is going through. I will definitely be praying for you all.

Amber K said...

I just recently found your blog but wanted to let you know I'm praying for Larry, your Mom, and your family. My family has used the hospice program before and I know the heartache you are feeling, yet amazing memories you are making during this time.

Kelsey said...

Lauren, I have been praying for you all.

Amanda Marshall said...

wow. yes, praying and will be...

Jill said...

Oh I am just crying. Lauren, I'm so sorry.

"If there's one thing I've learned these past few days is that it's amazing how things that were once deemed important mean squat now." This became so evident to me through watching my BIL and sister lose his Dad. It changed the way I will live life. They told him he had very little time left (after not knowing what was wrong with him and then suddenly finding out it was stage 4 cancer). He actually made it 10 weeks but it was the shortest 10 weeks of their lives. Praying the time you have left with Larry is indeed special - make as many memories as you can.

I'm so thankful we have the hope and promise of seeing them again.

((HUGS))

BARBIE said...

Oh Lauren, my heart is breaking. I am praying for your family!