Friday, January 13, 2012

Forever changed.

I think these past couple weeks have forever changed me.

Like I said before, the stuff that used to matter, not so important anymore. I've learned so much and maybe that will be for another post.

I've seen and experienced God's presence during these past couple of weeks like I never have before, in more tangible ways than I've ever experienced. I have witnessed first hand someone walk through the unimaginable with such grace that I could only wish I had if I were going through the same circumstance.

The last two days have been fairly busy. The hospice doctor, social worker and nurse have been by to evaluate our home and assess Larry's condition. As hopeful as we were that Hospice would bring us more comfort from the medical aspect we found that they are more for the emotional comfort of the family. We've come to realize what an amazing support system we already have in place; therefore Hospice cannot compare. We are blessed with an amazing family and circle of friends. Larry's use of his left side has diminished which requires additional physical support for mobility. He continues to amaze us with his positive attitude and effortless witnessing to everyone that comes through the door.

This weekend will be a full one as we're getting family pictures taken tomorrow and then Sunday we are having a open house for those who would like to come by and visit Larry and love on him, and share memories, photos, and laughs with him, which I'm sure will be a beautiful but very emotional time.

We continue to covet your prayers in the days ahead! Today I'm feeling a little rundown and under the weather. I think it's all catching up with me and I'm just in need of GOOD rest. Now is NOT the time to get sick, so hoping this will pass quickly!

Have a good weekend!

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am sending prayers to you each and every day my sweet friend. I am just so amazed by your strength. Don't forget to get a little rest for yourself when you can. Keep taking it all one day at a time. You can do this.

Taylor said...

Still praying for you guys sweet girl!

a boy a girl and a pug said...

Praying so hard!!

Kristin said...

Praying especially that you stay well and can really cherish and enjoy this weekend together. Hugs!!

Jenna said...

Praying for your family, sweet Lauren. I'll especially be praying for this Sunday - I know that it will be a difficult time emotionally, but what an amazing experience I know it will be! Praying that Larry is resting comfortably and that your family will be able to soak up his love over the next few weeks.

Kaysie said...

I've been praying for you and your family nonstop, Lauren. I hope you can get some rest this weekend. I can only imagine how emotionally and physically taxing this is on you (and your family). Larry seems like such an amazing person. xoxo

Melissa said...

The Lord will not allow you to leave my heart and mind. I just read your story a few days ago, but I can not stop praying for you. I also pray that you will be healthy this weekend and that this is a WONDERFUL weekend of celebration of life!

Melissa said...

I'm so thankful that y'all are having family pictures made! You will cherish those forever!

Unknown said...

<333

BARBIE said...

Remembering your family in my prayers tonight!

Jessie Jones said...

Sending prayers your way. I can't believe what a tough time this must be, but you are handling it with such grace. Know we are here for you and are lifting your family up!

Perfectly Imperfect said...

I never really got Hospice until lately. But they are amazing Lauren. Let them help y'all. They will do everything they can to make this more bearable. You're right, they aren't really there for medical help, but they make themselves so available that they will help make this easier on ya'll...