Thursday, January 26, 2012

All the time in the world.

"I have all the time in the world"....

Isn't that what most of us go through each day thinking? I'll be the first to admit I've been guilty of this.

I was reminded of a scripture.


 “Remind me that my days are numbered.” Psalm 39:4

Um, yeah. See that? Our time here on this earth is of the essence. The bible says our life is but a vapor. My question to myself, and one we could ALL ask ourselves, "Time, what are we doing with it?"

I've found myself more and more lately taking inventory of my life. Even more so when you're watching someone you love and their time here on earth soon coming to an end (which by-the-way, we're continuing to believe for a miracle for Larry and will not stop.) 

Did I choose to invest my time and emotions wisely and where it mattered? Did my actions and words speak life into others? Was I firmly planted into the word of God? Were my priorities aligned where they should be? Was I a good friend, daughter, sister, and etc etc. Did I live every hour, every minute, every second in the moment? Did I treasure and cherish the ones I love? Was I the best person I can be, the person that God has called me to be? Did my life bear fruit? Did I love and serve God with every ounce of my being? Did I bring people to come to know him? And on and on.....................................

It's all this and SO much more. I will regret so much if I can't look back and answer all these questions with a resounding YES! Because I do not have all the time in the world, which ALOT of us so foolishly think.

My advice and question for you is..... Stop thinking you have all the time in the world; And again I ask.. Time, what are you going to do with it?

4 comments:

Katie @ Loves of Life said...

Wow. amen, friend.

Julie K said...

You don't know me but I came across your blog and it must be a God thing because we are in very similar situations. I just wanted to let you know that I will be adding Larry and your family to my prayer list. Whatever happens you will know that God is with you!

Brittaney said...

Just stumbled across your blog and I'm already a fan. You've got a new follower!
Brittaney @ www.thekrazylife.com

Unknown said...

Love this my friend . . .