Sunday, March 22, 2009

A day at the Art Festival!

Yesterday my friend, Samantha, and I went to the Winter Park Art Festival. It was such a beautiful day. It's the biggest art festival in the country. There were hundreds of people who signed up to be a vendor at this art festival and only 200 get selected. Very upscale, and one of those look but you can't buy type things, ha. The City of Winter Park itself is amazing. We were hoping we could find some cute reasonably priced jewelry, that wasn't going to happen. I do have a funny story to share though. We stopped at one of the vendors that was carrying some jewelry and I tried on a bracelet and without me realizing I never took it off and I just walked away. So there I am just walking and look down at my wrist, and what do I see?? Yes, the bracelet still on my wrist. I about freaked and started laughing. I couldn't believe I did that, LOL! So I walked back to the vendor, and the lady never knew I had walked away with it, and never knew I had come back and put the bracelet back. Which was kind of scary to think that anyone could have taken her stuff and she would never have known. Good thing I'm an honest person.

And the whole time we were worried that my car would get towed because we parked next to a towing sign but we took our chances because it was horrendous trying to get a parking spot and we just got lucky, and thank goodness my car was still there. If it wasn't, man wouldn't that have been a story to tell, haha!

Enjoy the pictures of our day and unfortunately Sam and I didn't get our picture together :o(

It was a GREAT time. Tons of shops and TONS of food!!! It was a wonderful day to be outside!!

The place was packed!


Of course the day wouldn't be complete with a funnel cook. I have an addiction, what can I say?


Umm, so yeah, very interesting piece of art. Who comes up with this kind of creativity??


This is a picture of a sumo wrestler with some grapes, thought it was too funny!!


Being goofy!!


And after a wonderful day of walking around and looking at the cool pieces of art and jewelry, it was time to go...


This was a clock that was for sale. I thought it was so cool!!!! :O)

So that was our day in a nutshell and then when I came home I plopped myself on the couch and helped myself to the movie...



It was AWESOME!! Thank you Sam for getting this for me. You're a true friend, haha :O)

Have a GREAT Sunday, everyone!!

12 comments:

Jordan said...

Looks like fun! I love funnel cakes and elephant ears. I'm glad you liked Twilight as did I! =]

Niki said...

Fun day!! Funnel cake= YUMMY!! I'm glad you liked Twilight! Did you like the book better? I can't wait to watch it;)

Jackie said...

What a perfect day! I would have totally done something like walking off with that bracelet...good for you for being honest and taking it back. :)

Jacquie said...

Fun day.

Did you like the movie?

Kaitlyn said...

That seems like SUCH wonderful event!

Polly said...

What a great post!! I almost felt like I was smelling those funnel cakes and getting powdered sugar all over me. Thanks so much for sharing the wonderful photos. Very colorful and interesting. Oh, one of my grand daughters called today and she waited in line yesterday to buy Twilight!

Kelsey said...

Looks like you had lots of fun! I laughed about your bracelet story. :P I watched Twilight with my sister last night. For not reading the book, I didn't think it was half bad!

Anonymous said...

sounds like a fun day!!!

i got twilight too! cant wait for the next movie!

Unknown said...

Oh I LOVE funnel cakes - I haven't had one in forever!!!

Loree said...

Glad you had a fun day. It was so c old here this weekend that I hardly made it out of the door although we did get to go for a drive on Saturday morning.

Blog Lady said...

Awwww, looks like you had a great time! Funnel Cakes are soooo good!! I've got to rent that movie now :o)

In This Wonderful Life said...

I love how you go to so many festivals and things...I don't even think we get any of that stuff!!