Friday, June 10, 2011

27


Today is my last day of being 26 years old.

It’s funny. You reflect on past birthdays, especially when you were younger, and there was something so magical about them and exciting,

Don’t get me wrong, birthdays are still great. But as you get older they are just well, different. The magic of them kind of goes away.

But with that said, there’s something to be said for getting older. It’s my hearts prayer that each year I get older is one more year that I’ve grown and I’m being shaped and molded into the person that God would have me to be. Although, I truly don’t think he’s ever done with that process.

Tomorrow, my birthday, I will be spending the afternoon helping feed the homeless in downtown Orlando with people from the college and career group at the church. I honestly cannot think of anything better I could be doing. I truly have been blessed with 27 wonderful years of life and I’m so fortunate. And if I can give back in some small way, then I’m all for it.

There will be a little bit of fun to be had Saturday night as the college and career are also going to be going to play putt-putt golf.

I sincerely hope that my 27th year will be one of God calling me to new places and heights. Stepping out of my comfort zone a little more. Serving him and serving others and doing him proud. I just want to love God, love people, and love well.

And if I can do all that, then I say 27 will be a success.

Jeremiah 29:11

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."

Thank God for his promises!!

9 comments:

Jenny Strickland said...

Happy Birthday! I hope you have an amazing weekend!

Aishlea said...

Happy Birthday!!!! Love you!!! Hope you have a fabulous weekend!!!

Jacquie Wallace said...

What a GREAT way to spend your birthday!! Happy 27th you young thing!!!

Rosie said...

Youa re such a good person Lauren! I hope you have a fantastic birthday!
p.s. Is it sad that sometimes I forget how old I am, eventhough I'm only 27-I think? lol.

Jessica @ Wanting Adventure said...

What a great way to spend your birthday. That will be so great to give back like that! Have fun! 27 isn't so bad. ;)

a boy a girl and a pug said...

happy birthday eve sweet friend!!

Perfectly Imperfect said...

it's almost your birthday!!! 27 was a great year for me :) hoping it's just as great if not better for you!

BARBIE said...

I almost missed your birthday! Praying you had a beautiful day!

Melissa said...

Happy birthday!!