Monday, February 8, 2010

Weekend recap!

This weekend was so perfect.

Friday night my sister and I spent the night over at my parent’s house. Went over after work and picked up some sushi to go on the way…. Soooooo yum and we just hung out at their house for the evening.

Saturday turned out to be an absolutely gorgeous day. My Mom and sister were out and about doing things and so my mom’s hubby talked me into going on a bike ride. A more than 20 mile bike ride at that, ha! It was such a beautiful ride with amazing trails. There were so many people out walking, jogging, kids riding bikes, rollerbladers, and families taking a walk. Perfect day to be outside and take it all in. Not to mention we made a stop on our bikes to eat lunch at Panera Bread. Made the 20 miles worth it.













I went home Saturday night and meet up with the roomie for movie night and we watched "He's just not that into you." So yeah, I pretty much deserve an award for worst movie watcher. I have no problem watching a movie on the big screen, but when you get me in the comfort of my own home and on the couch, I am out within the first 5 minutes. In my defense though, the movie wasn't all that great. Wasn't one of my favorites. Have any of you seen it? What do you think?

Then Sunday I went back over to meet the parents to go with them to a local art festival. Again, another gorgeous day.

We first ate lunch at a cute place called the Lakeside Inn.


The best chicken salad croissant EVER!!








Then we did some walking around looking at all the art.

I just thought this would make a cute picture, ha!


Just look at that sky!


Loved this piece of art work with the fruits of the spirit. Can I get a big amen? :)


And there was love all in the air. If you can see the sign it's a protest to get someone fired, ha!


I just loved this art piece. If you click to enlarge you can see better all the bling on it. Loved the colors!


This guy was playing the Native American style flute and I could have sat there and listened forever. So beautiful!


We only spent a couple of hours there but it was so much fun! We then just went back to my parents house hung out and watched a couple of movies (where I actually stayed awake, ha), and ate tacos and watched the Super Bowl and I left to go home after halftime! So sad I missed Carrie Underwood singing the national anthem.

But gooooo Saints!!!!!!

In more exciting news.





Why am I so excited??? Why of course...... Because I got my Beth Moore ticket to go see her in Atlanta in April with about gazillion other bloggers. It's going to be a huge party of bloggers in the overflow and you can join in on the weekend with Beth and us bloggers. Go to Caroline's blog for more information and hope to see you there!!

19 comments:

Aishlea said...

Sounds like a perfect weekend for sure!!

Love your excited pictures! Mine's coming soon this week!! Can't wait to go and meet everyone--including you!! :)

Rebecca Jo said...

You're going to Atlanta too??? I'm so jealous! All the cool people are going! :)

That looks like a WONDERFUL weekend! So jealous of blue skies & sunshine & OUTDOOR activities... ugh!

The Life of Susan said...

ok first off, i am so jealous that you had such a beautiful weekend. ours was beautiful, but in a much different way. over 2 feet of snow kept me stuck indoors dreaming of summer! i'm living vicariously through you. haha!

second of all that picture of you and your mom is adorable. you guys look so much alike and are both so beautiful!

have a great week!

Lindsey said...

Def a perfect weekend!!!

Heather said...

I love hearing that friends had perfect weekends!! Glad you got a ticket to atlanta! You will have a blast I'm sure!

Rosie said...

How perfect of a weekend you had! I LOVE the pictures. Leave it to Lauren to take pics while riding a bike. I'd fall over. lol.

Faith said...

Looking forward to meeting you as we party in the overflow!!!

Annie said...

what a fabulous weekend you had!
i'm totally jealous of the weather there! the bike ride and panera sounds like a lot of fun!
glad you had such a great time with your fam :)

a boy a girl and a pug said...

oh so fun for atlanta!! so excited for you. sounds like such a great weekend i'm jealous of your bike ride and panera lunch yum!

Rebekah said...

What a fun weekend! I need to get myself on a bike and ride 20 miles! Your family is so cute! I want to go the ATL so badly. SO FUN! Gotta make arrangements for the kiddo, tho!

Katie said...

Lauren ~ I'm jealous of that wonderful weather. ; ) We are in a winter wonderful, and it's pretty, too.

Your mom is too cute. So glad you had a great weekend.

Anonymous said...

Looks like you had a GREAT weekend!!!Hope you are having a good day!:)

Angie said...

Wow...your weather looks GREAT! I am so wishing it were sunny here...but soon and spring will be upon us :)

I loved seeing all the pic and especially the ones of the food....yum!

Staci said...

What a fun weekend! Is that tomato basil soup?! That's my fav! Yum!

Kendra said...

LOVE your scarf =)

Have so much fun in Atlanta, if I weren't pregnant, I would totally buy a ticket too!!! But I am happy to be pregnant =). Have fun!!

Jordan said...

Lucky you with a nice weekend! It's been so cold here & we're supposed to get 6-12 inches of snow tomorrow into Wednesday. Yuck!

Spicy Magnolia said...

What a great weekend! And that's so cool about Atlanta..that will be a blast!

Kim said...

Girl your so silly. Looks like you guys had a wonderful weekend. I wish it would stop raining so we could have a beautiful weekend! ;) That's awesome to here ya'll are all getting together for Atl.! Jealous! Have fun!

Unknown said...

I will be in Atlanta as well. I hope to meet you in the overflow. God is gonna show up in a big way! Hope Atlanta is ready!