Thursday, January 7, 2010

300th Post!!

WOW..... how did I get here? 300 posts of pure rambleness but ya'll read anyway!

Bless ya'll.

It was so fun yesterday learning where all of you live. There was even a friend from South Africa. Amazes me!! And yes, I want to come visit someday!!

Well, I'm going to celebrate my 300th post by telling on myself and sharing my stupidity with you, haha!

I'm keeping this real in the hopes that you will love me anyway, ha! Anyone close to me knows that I have my tendenacies to speak before I think and my brain cells aren't always working 100%. It's a flaw I've chosen to accept and I'll be the first to attest to this.

And yesterday was no exception:

So, as you know I live in Florida where it NEVER snows!!! My sister goes to school in North Florida where it gets a whole lot colder then Central Florida. Well, yesterday she was all excited because it looked like they were going to be seeing some snow this week. So I go online and I type in "snow in Jacksonville" (that should be your first clue here)..... and I'm reading this article on the weather about how Jacksonville was supposed to get 8 inches of snow.

So I freak. Majorly freak. Florida is getting 8 inches of snow. So I'm telling everyone and their mother in all of my excitement.

I go back to same article online a few hours later and I read a little more into it..... and what do I realize.....

The search engine took me to Jacksonville, Illinois.

I'll pause for a moment while you ponder my stupidity.

First of all Lauren, Duh.... there's more than one Jacksonville.

And second of all Lauren, Duh.... never on God's green earth is Florida going to see 8 inches of snow, ha!

But that's how desparately I was wanting it, so I was willing to believe it. There is a good chance it could snow if the conditions are right in North Florida, but nothing that will stick and certainly not 8 inches, ha!

So, here we are in Florida...still snowless and after I found this out went back and crawled into my little hole until the snow comes, which means I'll be in there for a long time, haha!

And I'll leave you with that...

When I told my friend Holly about this she laughed and told me I so need to put this on the blog. All for you, girl.

And after this if you continue to follow me on the journey to the next 300 posts....

Lets just say I'll be coming up with some kind of award for you :)

I could easily come up with a post of 300 stupid things I've said or done....Would take too long though, ha!

So how about you? have you said or done something silly this week? Do share!!

13 comments:

Jess :) said...

Sweet sister, you make me LAUGH!! I'm totally laughing with you, not at you! Yes, I know you and that is a total Lauren thing to do, but it's just ONE of the MANY reasons why I love you so. :) Plus, no one could have written that story out better than you. I loved it!

I'm actually sitting on my couch right now, being as though we have a SNOW DAY much to my SURPRISE. I'm still trying to understand why we do, but whatever...well, actually, I do know why. It's due to our wind chill temps at -20's to -40's. NOT due to the fact that our Interstate is CLOSED across the entire state. NOT because we added another 6 inches of snow on top of our 23 from last week. NOT because our city streets have 5 ft. drifts on them. NOPE. It's just due to wind chill!!! Gotta love where I live in the midwest!

Have a wonderful day, girl!

Rebecca Jo said...

You are hilarious!!!!!... but with how wacky the weather has been, I'd think anything is possible! :)

Niki said...

Haha! Very funny! I was wondering about the snow in Jacksonville status that you had on facebook yesterday!!

Congrats on 300 posts!! Isn't it crazy that people are really that interested in what we all have to say?!? I love the blog community!!

Rosie said...

LOL. That made me laugh girl.
I do stuff like that ALL the time. My family says I should have been the blonde one.
Congrats on the 300th post!

Jill said...

Ha Ha, you're too funny. That is something I would probably do too.

The Nashville Nosher said...

Congrats on making it to 300 posts! :) I have enjoyed reading each and every one of them! Here's to 300+ more!!!

Kim said...

Oh my goodness Lauren you are just too funny. This def. had me rolling. hehe

It's okay though bc we've all been there done that. :)

Holly said...

Yes, Lauren, we still love you!

Annie said...

300 posts!! wow!! that's awesome!
you will always be loved ;) you keep us all smiling!

Jordan said...

You definately make me laugh, Lauren! I just hit 300 posts on my blog too!

Jacquie said...

Oh, that sounds like something I'd do!!! Ha!

Ashley @ {Let Go, Laughing} said...

haha that totally sounds like something i would do!

prashant said...

but with how wacky the weather has been, I'd think anything is possible!

Work from home India