Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Love came down at Christmas time!

So here’s the Christmas weekend recap.

My sister and I headed to my parents house on Christmas Eve.



We then went to the most beautiful Christmas Eve service I think I’ve ever been to. I don’t think I’ve ever seen a more spectacular sight as I did when the lights were dimmed in the church and having tons of people lift up their candles.

Amazing.

Then we went back to the house and had soup and sandwiches and then later on watched the original version of the Christmas movie “Scrooge.” We each opened one gift on Christmas Eve and I got an amazing brown purse and LOVE it.

Christmas Day was so laid back and peaceful and spent with all the ones I love. We got up and opened gifts and the rest of the family came over later for lunch. I didn't get any pictures of the gift opening because I had a slight dilemma and thought I had lost my camera. Spent most of the morning looking for it and finally found it. Here are some pictures I did get. This doesn’t even come close to portraying the love that filled the house on that day, but just trust me on this, it was overflow!! :)

Getting the lunch table ready!


Broke out the pretty Christmas dishes!


After we ate we had some Jesus birthday cake. We blew out the candle and sang happy birthday to him!


We were able to get cozy by the fire, haha!!! It's a DVD that my parents have and it plays a fire on the TV. It even crackles and pops like a real fire, ha!


Just wanted to show you some decorations around the house! The whole house was decorated so beautifully. So warm and inviting!!







My mom had each of us take a picture in front of the tree because next year she is going to have ornaments on the tree with all of our pictures in individual ornaments.


And because I know at least one of ya'll are going to say something. Yes, my sister is wearing shorts and it's Florida, mind you... It was in the high 70's Christmas Day, ha! And yes, she knows how to model and pose for the camera, ha!


I on the other hand was ready for some snow, but unfortunately that was not what the forecast called for in the Sunshine State.


My mom and the hubby with sweet Emma!


I got my leopard snuggie for Christmas!!!! And my cute sleeping doggy in the picture didn't care to share in my excitement, ha!


We all drew names for gifts and I got my sister Deborah!


Time for some guitar hero. And someone felt they needed to steal my snuggie to play the game, ha!!




The kids playing around and my doggy chillaxin on the couch.


One of the best parts of the whole day was a ring that all of the daughters received.



It came with a card and on the front it said..

Dear Daughter... You're so special! Wear her tenderly for within Her lies no weariness, and face all of your trials with hope and in his strength rely,for above her wings other tenderness Angels fly.

For He shall give His angels charge over you, to keep you in all your ways...Psalms 91:1

And in the inside it said...

John 14:6 I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

May this ring always remind you of how truly important you are to me… No matter what is going on in your life…But most of all, please try to remember to ask God for His wisdom in every situation, in good ones and where there is difficulty…Lets both try to become closer and closer during the years ahead, making the very best of the “Destiny God is creating for us.” I pray that God shows me how to say to you the things that will help and comfort you the most! Let our prayers together be that God will Heal your body, help us experience true joy, and give us spiritual wisdom …Here for You…

Its safe to say I will treasure this ALWAYS!!

Then Christmas night we went and saw:



It was such a cute movie and we had a great time!!

Indeed, a ton of love came down at Christmas time :)

17 comments:

Aishlea said...

Cute pics! That ring is so special!

Did you love the Chipmunks like I did? :)

Rebecca Jo said...

How cute are you in your hat & gloves... I want that hat!!!!!

We got our daughter the zebra snuggie... I think I like yours better... gotta get one!

Those rings are so touching... love you all got one... that picture of all your hands just made me smile... what a wonderful time with your new family!

Unknown said...

Sounds like you had a great Christmas! Love the ring idea. Hope you and your family have a very Happy New Year!

Anonymous said...

Everything looks great!!! I want to see that movie SOOOO bad!!!

Whitney said...

Love the Snuggie! My sis got the same one!

What a fun Christmas!

Lindsey said...

Aww what a great Christmas! And I love that we have matching snuggies!

Rosie said...

Sounds great! I'm so glad you found your camera so we could all see your pictures! And I LOVE the DVD of the fire. Hilarious. I got a snuggie too but they were out of leopard. Way cute!

Jordan said...

Sounds like a great Christmas! Cute pictures!!

Heather said...

My parents took the kids to go see The Chipmunks movie, and they loved it!! What a great Christmas Lauren!! love the pics!! And a snuggie?? :) My husband kept threatening me with one, I'm still on the fence!

Annie said...

what a great christmas hun!!
you look so cute in all the pictures! love the one of you by the tree ;)
the rings are such a great gift! love it!

Unknown said...

Love the snuggie! I got a pink one for Christmas too! :)

Jenna said...

Love the ring and really love the Jesus birthday cake! And thank you SO much for the Christmas card!

Meagan said...

I want a snuggie hecka bad! And I love your snow hat! So cute!!

capperson said...

Cute pics..It looks like you had a wonderful christmas.
My mom also got that snuggie..she loves it.
We also went to see the movie, but it was sold out so we had to settle on the Sherlock Holmes movie.
And lasty the rings are precious.

Kim said...

Aw that what a sweet gift you gals got. Sounds like a special gift to remember. Glad you had a great Christmas!

I still haven't seen the 1st movie, lol, I need to get with it.

Jodi said...

Looks like a great time! The rings and snuggie are the best! Happy New Year!

Staci said...

What a great family! Sounds like you all had a great Christmas. Hope you'll get to enjoy that Snuggie in those high temps!