Tuesday, December 1, 2009

An abundance of thankfulness!

This Thanksgiving was extra special because it was spent with a new family since my mom got remarried in July. Before we ate we all went around the table expressing what we were thankful for. I think it’s safe to say that everybody was grateful for the blending of two families that came with such ease and so naturally. I think it had us ALL crying. It was a sweet day filled with sweet memories and new traditions. And it was our first Thanksgiving without my grandpa. So it was bitter sweet but he was very much remembered.

Enjoy the pictures! :)

The beautiful table set up!






And of course, no Thanksgiving is complete without the Macys Thanksgiving Day parade!


Aiden playing with his pirate sword!


The kitchen, where all the yummy stuff happens!!!


My mom and the hubby and don't ask what kind of face my Grandma was making there, ha!


The sis and I.


Momma with her girls!


Playing cards.


The turkey that is about to be gobbled up!


The poor turkey doesn't know what's about to hit him!


Christy, my new sis, and I.


My sis and my little doggy Taco. He was the star of the day, everyone wanted a pic with him, ha!


Way too many people in the kitchen, LOL!


Deborah, my other new sis, goofing around!


All the yummy food!


See, told you he was a star!


Thankful for ALL this and so much more!!

Camping pictures to come tomorrow!

Happy December.... 24 days till Christmas!!!!!!!!! :)

12 comments:

Rebecca Jo said...

OK... I'm just jealous there are shorts being worn in this picture! It was COLD here Thanksgiving! :)

Lindsey said...

Shorts!! It looks so warm, jealous!!;) Looks like a fab holiday, loved the pics!

Mrs. K said...

how wonderful! So glad you enjoyed the holiday!

Lauren @ Dreams Take Flight said...

That looks so nice! I love how you can see sunshine and palm trees out the window...so jealous of your Florida-living self!

And such wonderful things to be thankful for! That's so cool that your families have blended together so nicely. :)

Jacquie said...

You can feel the love through the computer screen, Lauren. Sweet.

Jenna said...

What a fun Thanksgiving! Glad everyone has blended so well!!

BonBon Rose Girls Kristin said...

That looks like such a lovely time. I'm having so much fun looking at everyone's family photos!

Kendra said...

Fun!!

You look beautiful girl! I love that top!!

Anonymous said...

What a great Thanksgiving, glad you had a good time!

Annie said...

so many great pictures! looks like your family is a lot of fun :) the pup is a cutie.

Kim said...

Well looks like ya'll had a great Turkey day! Glad to see families come together and enjoy one another! (Ours can be a little hectic at times) :)

Justin and Jessica said...

So glad you had a great Thanksgiving! :)

I, too, am jealous of the warm weather.