Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Not a fan of clowns!

One great thing about living near the Orlando area is of course the attractions.

Well, every year Universal Studios has what they call Halloween Horror Nights.

A few years ago I went. It was the year of the clowns. Clowns would be chasing you and scaring you and they would not leave me the heck alone!

It left me traumatized.

Ummmm, anyone remember the movie "IT" with the clown?



Enough said!

So in the spirit of Halloween coming up, it got me to asking on Twitter last night what horror movies freaked people out the most. I got some great feedback.

We can’t forget:

Nightmare on Elm Street
The Halloween movies
Chucky
Arachnophobia
Scream
Amityville Horror
Saw
The Exorcist
Silence of the Lambs
Texas Chain Saw Massacre

It's kind of fun because around Halloweeen a bunch of these movies are playing on TV. Why is it in our nature to want to scare ourselves?? HAHA!!!

These are just a few, and I know I'm probably leaving some movies out. What would you add to the list?

10 comments:

Jenny Strickland said...

I HATE clowns!!!! HATE them!

I don't like the movie Dolly Dearest! Its kinda like Chucky!

Rebecca Jo said...

UGHGHGHGH - I hate clowns too! That clown, PennyWinkle (look, I even remember his name!) freaked me out to no end! I think people that have to wear MAKEUP is just hiding some sort of crazyed maniac tendnancy! :)

I'm not a big fan of scary movies because I get so mad at the stupidity of people... just RUN AWAY - dont stay in a house where people are dying left & right!

Amanda said...

ahhhhh! that clown looks sooooooo scary! yuck.

Anonymous said...

I don't have a reason for it - nothing traumatic ever happened - but I've never liked clowns. At all. Terrifying. I'm right there with you!

Kaysie said...

Eeek! Just seeing that photo gives me the willies!

Rosie said...

I don't blame you for the clown fear! They are so creepy! I used to watch "It" when I was younger and I think it left me traumatized...
I can't think of any on the spot, but real movies where there's ghost in it ALWAYS freak me out!!

a boy a girl and a pug said...

Ahh that pic is even freaking me out. Terrified of clowns. The I know what you did last summer movie was scary

Angie said...

Clowns are creepy...Gary is terrified of them...yep a grown man, hates clowns!!!

Jessica @ Wanting Adventure said...

Oh my gosh I don't mind clowns in the circus but scary clowns? ICK. I just hate being scared by things in general, so I don't think I've ever seen any of those scary movies. Not my cup of tea!

Jill said...

Oh goodness... I don't think I could handle being chased by clowns. LOL! When I watch scary movies I have bad dreams. It's a new thing I used to love them! Enjoy all the Halloween movies this year and stay away from the clowns. LOL.