Friday, May 20, 2011

Bring it on.

I started off this Friday morning by going to the doctor.

I honestly feel like my whole life I’ve been in and out of doctors offices. I could be a millionaire if I got all the money back I’ve paid to doctors.

With that said, PRAISE.GOD.FOR.INSURANCE. And you know what; it could be a whole lot worse. I don’t have some life threatening illness, and so for that I count my blessings.

Anyhow, I haven’t talked about this a whole lot but I’ve been having some arm and elbow issues which has caused limited range of motion in my left arm. Have no idea what caused this. I’m a freak of nature I tell ya. The doctor wants me to go in for an MRI because he’s really concerned about the lack of range of motion, and not to mention, it can be painful but I’ve just been managing and dealing with it.

About a year or so ago I went to him previously when this all started and he sent me to physical therapy and the physical therapist wasn’t really seeing the desired results, and so he suggested I go back to the doctor. And here we are almost a year later. And as you can guess, I never went back. I could kick myself, because I did not follow up on that. I think it was more out of fear, fear of what the doctor would say. Fear of surgery and the money that would have to be forked out. Most of all fear because my future depends on it as far a career goes. I’m going to school to become a court reporter, so worried about how all this may affect that, depending on what I hear from the doctor after the MRI.

But regardless, God’s in control and he has a plan, whatever that may be. This isn’t anything God hasn’t brought me through before. And whatever it is, I can and will handle it. I say, bring it on.

So, just pray that it’s nothing major and something that can be easily worked out.

8 comments:

BARBIE said...

I'll be praying for you! God is in control. Rest and be at peace.

Aishlea said...

Praying for you, sweet friend!! I know that whatever it may be....you will be ok!!! Love you!

Rosie said...

Praying for you friend!

Trina said...

Love your attitude! Yes, He is in control!

Kaysie said...

Praying the issue with your shoulder/arm gets better and doesn't hinder your goals. You have such a great outlook, Lauren. :)

Glamorous Newlywed said...

Hang in there, things seem to usually turn out better than we think they will. I'll definitely send up a prayer for you!

Toyin O. said...

I sure everything will be fine, but you are in my prayers:)

Jessica @ Wanting Adventure said...

Going to the doctor is never fun but really, they know what they're talking about! I hope they can figure out what's going on with your pain and fix it!