In any given day, how many times do we ALL get asked this????
And how many times do we automatically say "Oh fine" or "I'm great, and how are you???".... We all do it. Sometimes it can just be an automatic reaction and maybe other times it's just to take the focus off ourselves.
If someone asks me that question, I think if I were honest I'd say....
- I woke this morning questioning God's plan for my future.
- I drank another coke today when I've tried over and over again to quite caffeine.
- I stayed in bed this morning when I know I should have got up and ran.
- I wish money would grow on trees. Finances stress me out.
- It sucks because I just found out I need new back tires for my car and my transmission is acting up. (But praise God that is under warranty).
- It feels like I will NEVER get out of school.
- Discipline in certain areas of my life I really struggle with.
- I'm WAY to addicted to Words with Friends. I need help.
- Will I ever get married and have kids?
- Will I ever find contentment where God has me at this moment in time?
- I really need to eat healthier.
- My priorities can be way out of whack sometimes.
- I struggle with making that quiet time with the Lord.
- I pick up book after book, but why can't I consistently read my bible?
- Sometimes fear holds me back.
- I can struggle with jealousy.
- I need to cherish the time with my family and friends more and know when to step back from technology.
- I'm over my job but blessed to have one.
- I stink at time management.
- I wish I could step out of my comfort a little more.
So, that one question..... "How are you?" .....The person would probably be sorry they asked......
But lets just be honest here....Today, how would you answer that question?? Ha!