Thursday, February 24, 2011

Thought of the day (and a winner and a poll.)



An OLD woman once said …There comes a time in life, when you walk away from all the drama and people who create it. You surround yourself with people who make you laugh, forget the bad, and focus on the good. So, love the people who treat you right, pray for the ones who don't. Life is too short to be anything but happy. Falling down ...is a part of LIFE, getting back up is LIVING ~


And congrats to the winner of my little name game:

Cindy said...
I grew up in Houston, TX. We were touring some of the historical Mansions. One house used to belong to the Hogg Family. There pictures of the family all around. They had 2 girls. The girls names? Seriously....IMA HOGG AND URA HOGG. Those poor girls!!!!!!

I'll be emailing you to get your address for your little prize!!

This was so fun and some great names! VERY unique ones to say the least and I trust that each and every one of them were ligit, and on second thought, for some of the people's sake, hope not, ha!

Also, on a more serious note, I have a poll for you, my wonderful readers.

I just wanted to get some feedback from you. How long have you been reading this blog? What do you get out of it? What do you like or dislike? Any and all feedback is appreciated.

I know I strictly blog for me and for me alone, but I enjoy your input also.

I've been struggling because I feel like I've kind of gone away the past few months or so from the documentation of my life, and just blogging about random things.

Honestly, I'm in a season of my life where I have absolutely no idea of what kind of season this exactly is. I feel like my life isn't as exciting these days. Keyword being "FEEL" and I know that's not true. But my life is just kind of at a point right now where it "just is"... Does that make sense?

Doesn't mean I'm not enjoying my life and this season and I know I have lots to looks forward to, but trying to be discerning of what God is trying to teach me and want this time and season to be purposeful.

So bear with me, please! There are exciting times in life and those times where the words and life don't come as easily to the keyboard.

I know this is kind of all over the place, sorry!

7 comments:

Cindy said...

:) YEah!! :) First time I've won something! :) So happy! Can't wait to hear from you!! :)

Rosie said...

This totally reminds me...I found the notebook I told you about. Where I wrote down all the funny names I came across! I thought I handed it down, but I guess I just made a copy.I can't wait to share it with you.
And I really enjoy reading your blog b/c you are very inspirational and always look at things so positively. Your blogs a breath of fresh air :) And of course I love hearing about what's going on w/ya lately!

Melissa said...

I LOVE that thought for the day! It really is perfect for what I'm going through this week.

As for your question, I enjoy hearing about you, what you're up to, and where life is taking you. I promise, you're not boring.

Unknown said...

just came across your blog :) ohmygosh its so cute! wow this is a great post girl! xo

Maygan said...

What an amazing quote! I am very new to your blog, but I think it is very insipirational and I love to hear about whats going on in other people's lives. Thanks for sharing!

Jessica @ Wanting Adventure said...

I can't remember how long I've been reading this blog - a while? I love hearing about other people's lives, random or otherwise. :)

Linds said...

I love your blog! I love the positive inspiration, your humor, and especially learning about what God is teaching you!