Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Update on my life :)

Okay, so it’s been awhile since I’ve written a post about me and what’s going on in my world! I just recently got back from a trip to St. Louis. Went to a Joyce Meyer conference. I truly left feeling like a Relentless Woman. Which was the theme of the whole conference. About being relentless in our faith walk with God, about being relentless in letting our baggage (fear, rejection, anger, etc.) go and going and walking in a life of peace, and there were some great guest speakers that tied everything together that Joyce was speaking about. It was a great weekend and didn’t want to leave. It was also pretty exciting because the Vice-Presidential debates were going on at the same time we were in St. Louis. It’s a pretty neat city to explore and experience. I’ll share some pictures with you.

So back to the good ole’ grind when I got back, and plugging away at school, and taking on a second job at Bath and Body Works. Wish I didn’t have to do it, but you have to do what you have to do, and it will only be for a season. I just hope I can balance it all, so prayers are very much needed.

I think people will agree that this election season has been pretty much consuming everyone, including myself. It’s all you hear about anywhere and everywhere. As exciting as it is, I’ll be ready for it to be over come Nov. 4th.

So that pretty much sums it up. Pretty exciting stuff, huh? LOL! I just figure they’ll be time for excitement when I get out of school, right? Ha!!

Enjoy the pics! Lauren







2 comments:

iheartobama said...

Dear Lauren,
This is a copy of the comment I left you on my site, I just wanted to send it to you where you would see it in case you did not visit my site again.
"o)
Thank you for your comment and I also appreciate speaking to others from the other side of the fence so to speak because I have no desire to live in a country that is Everything that I want and nothing of what other people want. I grew up in many different countries and had the privilage to be exposed to so many different and beautiful cultures and ways of life. I feel that these experiences enriched me and made me the person I am today. I always try to see things from other peoples point of view even if I do not agree with them, because after all this is all of our homes, this country belongs to all of us and I truly believe that we can all find happiness and prosperity here if we would only learn to respect each others differences and make an effort to be inclusive and not alienate one another. Again it was really nice to hear from you and I look forward to hearing from others on all sides of these many issues.

Take Care,
Michelle

Theresa Durrant said...

Lauren,
I loved your Arch pics...especially the one with the shadow over the road. It's great to catch up with you this way. I liked the one about the King's Kiss...good one, and I agree with your comments about God being larger than everything that's going on with the elections.
So, Bath and Body girlie, what's new in the world of scents? Oh, btw, I have written a chapter for a book that's coming out in the spring 2009, and I've been elected to keep a blog about it...so, if you'd like to see more...go to www.roadtohopebook.com and check out my blogging efforts...never done it before, so we'll see...I haven't gotten any comments yet, but who knows...it's pretty new.
Love and blessings to you,
Theresa