(I can't take credit for this picture. Someone sent it to me and it was too cute not to share.)
I'm going to be kind of scarce around the blog world over the weekend. It's going to be a busy one, so not going to put any pressure on myself to blog.
I hope everyone has a wonderful and safe Halloween. I think the neat thing about this holiday is you get the chance to escape reality for just a little bit and be anyone/anything you want to be. It's just fun!
So take this post to share what you're going to be this year and what your plans are or what your favorite costume has been for Halloween. I would love to hear some memories from you of Halloween!!!
* I said a long time ago I'd give you the recipe for Fiesta Bean Soup, so here ya go:
1 1/2 pound of ground chuck and medium onion diced (fry together) 1 can of cream corn 1 can of whole kernel corn 1 can of black beans 1 can of diced tomato with green chili 1 can of stewed tomatoes 2 packages of hidden valley ranch Two packages of low sodium El Paso taco seasoning 1 can of chili beans (medium)
And just put it all together and it can be cooked in a Crockpot as well. It cooks a lot so you can also take what's leftover and freeze and it will keep for awhile :)
* I bought my very own first Christimas decoration yesterday. Can't wait to put it up. Think I'm getting the Christmas fever, ha. I slowly but surely am wanting to stock up on decorations of my own. Since I just recently got out on my own.
* Didn't tell ya'll but going back to Vegas again next weekend, just for the weekend. My bff/cousin is getting married. There will be no Elvis involved and it will be a classy Vegas wedding. And pics are definitely to come.
* So my family has decided we're going camping over the Thanksgiving holidays. And by family I mean the whole family. This should be interesting and I'm sure I'll come back with some stories. It's about time I reunited with the great outdoors, and brushed up on my camp fire songs, ha.
* Thanksgiving really is my favorite holiday. It's simple. It's sweet. And it allows you to reflect on all that's good in your life and realize all we have to be thankful for. And love watching the Macys Thanksgiving Day parade. And each year promise myself that one day I'll make it there. It's on my bucket list of things to do.
* Who knew, but just in case you didn't know, when you lay your head down on the pillow on a Wednesday night and close your eyes for about two seconds, the whole night is gone. Found that out for myself.
* Facebook is getting on my stinking nerves right now. Can we have the old Facebook back, please??? Thank you!!
* My dinner last night consisted of a drink and popcorn, LOL! I just for the life of me couldn't figure out what I wanted, so I just said forget it, and popcorn it was.
* Seriously, I read many blogs where you all work out religiously, and can't seem to find my motivation, right is wrong with me?
* Had lunch with some great friends yesterday and left with my stomach and heart happy and full. Just wish I would have gotten pictures.
* Can't wait to eat those leftovers from yesterday, haha!! Seriously, I'm the leftover queen. I live off leftovers. So people who don't like leftovers really confuse me???
* I didn't have plans for Halloween but a sweet friend called me and now I do. Makes me happy!!
I am long overdue in sharing these pictures with you. There has only been one other time where I have felt so small up next to such a HUGE God and that was when I was driving through the Smoky Mountains. These pictures will display God's artistry at it's finest.
While I was at the Grand Canyon, I put on my Facebook status, "How can one not believe in a God that created this?"
And someone wanted to argue with me by saying water erosion created the Grand Canyon. God created the soil & rock strata that the water wore through to make the GC. I think that's more impressive than thinking he created it as it is now.
Seriously? I'm going to have to disagree on this one!
And I have to give a shout out to my wonderful friend Whitney. Today is her birthday. Whitney, it has been awesome getting to know you through the blog world. I hope your birthday today is as special as you are. Please go by her blog and show her some birthday love. Love you Whitney!!
I seriously would be a horrible Aunt if I didn't say Happy 4th Birthday to one of the greatest nieces on the planet!!!! Then again, I'm partial, haha!!!
There has been no greater honor then being your Aunt for the past 4 years and counting, Lexi.
You will always be my favorite princess!!!!!!!
These are pictures from her birthday trip and first trip to Disney. Melts my heart! It should be a sin to have this much cuteness in one post!! She got to meet all the princesses and get made up at the Bippity Boppity Boutique. I would say all her dreams pretty much came true, ha!
I had all these pictures that I wanted to share with you, but that will wait until tomorrow. I had something else on my heart that I wanted to share.
I grew up in a church that I was apart of for 10 years or more. But as with all things, that season had run it's course and we went about looking for a new church, we knew it was time. About once a year at this particular church a gentleman by the name of Prophet Alva Wilson would come and visit. He was a very close friend of the Pastor and while he was there he would speak and he had a real gift for the prophetic and might often times have a word for you that would meet you right where you're at. Everyone might have their own thoughts and opinions on this but let me tell you, he blessed my socks off each and every time.
One particular time when he came to visit the church he called me out and he looked me straight in the eye and pointed right at me and said:
"You're much more than the American Idol. I see you among several girls. They don't know what it is about you that is causing you to succeed. They don't know it's the God in you, and you're just going to keep going. I'll vote for you, God votes for you tonight."
I will always remember that night on 3/31/04. It was a word that spoke straight to my heart. I immediately went and got the tape of that evenings service and came home and listened to it and wrote that word down in my journal with the date.
I wanted to be able to go back whenever I wanted and remember how I felt that night. I didn't have to have singing talent, but in God's eyes, I was much more than the American Idol, and so are you.
This might all sound silly to you, but if there's ever anything God has spoken to your heart or someone has spoken over you, don't let it go void. You don't have Simon, Randy, and all them judging you. Let God be the ultimate judge.
And live your life as if you're much more than the American Idol.
My mom went up on Friday to visit my sister at college and so Saturday morning my mom's hubby and I went to meet up with them. So when we got there we hung out for a little while registering to let them know we were there for family weekend and walked around the campus a little.
Then after that we hopped in the car and drove around Jacksonville a little while and I'm not all too familiar with the area so I got a tour and I seriously fell in love with the place. We then ate at a diner called University Diner and had late breakfast and early lunch. I got a BLT sandwich that was out of this world. And this is kind of random but then my sister and I realized we majorly needed to get our eyebrows waxed and then we left the rents to go get that done. I refuse to tweeze them. It's like torture for me. Then we met back up with the rents and then stopped at a local sports Bar called Sneakers for some drinks and chips and salsa. And of course all the Saturday Football was on the big screen so that kept us entertained for awhile.
And we were right next to Jacksonville Beach so we spent a little time there walking on the beach and taking some pictures.
These next pics of my sister and I are hilarious. My mom took some great action shots in perfect sequence, ha!! My sister's face is priceless!
And then we fell....
And then we went back to my sister's place to hang out there for a little while until she had to leave us to go to her sorority initiation. And then we went and got pedicures while she was doing her sorority thing.
It was heaven and total serenity, ha!
Then after my sister got done with her intiation. I meet up with her for a night out with her boyfriend and his friend that came alone. This is before we left :)
Sorry it's not the best picture, it was taken on my phone.
We ate out at Outback and then went back to Sneakers to watch the rest of the Football game (GO GATORS!!!!!) and then stayed a while longer after that to watch the UFC fight. It was a fun night!! Seriously, this place had gigantic TVs. It was perfect! So it was a late night.
Then Sunday morning met up with the rents and we went to have breakfast at the Pancake House. It's a local place in Jacksonville. Oh.My.Goodness....BEST pancakes EVER!!!! And then after that we hit Old Navy and I had totally forgotten that I had an Old Navy giftcard that I hadn't used yet. Score!
So I ended up with a beautiful scarf and a new bag that Old Navy just came out with.
We wanted to get back at a decent time so after we went to Old Navy it was time to hit the road back home.
It was such a fun weekend spent with the family and made me realize all the much more how much I miss my sister. But I think we've determined that we're going to make it a once a month ritual for me to come up there and visit her. Would totally love that.
I wish I would have gotten more pictures, but this is what I got :) How was your weekend?
I would hope that when I look back on my life that I can look back with great certainty that my purpose was served here on earth. That I loved God with my whole heart, loved people, and loved well. I love blessing others. It's much better to give then to receive. I know that there's an amazing God that loves me and will never leave me nor forsake me. There's alot of peace in that when this world can let us down. He's my constant, the one thing that remains the same in this ever changing life of mine. I look towards the future with great hope and expectancy. With hope that God has an amazing path for me, and just pray that my every step will be guided and directed by him as I walk this journey called life!
Thank you for coming by. My hope is that through this page you will find some kind of enjoyment and inspiration. Tell others about it and keep checking in. If you want to contact me my e-mail is LaurenBella6@hotmail.com :o)